Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC PC -You are not authorized to perform role assignment on Control

gaurav_234
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am trying to assign a user as control tester and reviewer for controls for a particular sub-process but I am getting an error "You are not authorized to perform role assignment on Control (GRFN_ENTITY_API036). We have assigned the below roles to the user who is performing the activity as per GRC PC Security guide. I also tried after assigning role SAP_GRC_SPC_SOX_ICMAN and SAP_GRC_SPC_REG_ORG_OWNER_1 but this is not working.

SAP_GRC_FN_BASE
SAP_GRC_FN_BUSINESS_USER
SAP_GRC_NWBC
SAP_GRC_SPC_CUSTOMIZING
SAP_GRC_SPC_SCHEDULER
SAP_GRC_SPC_SOX_CTL_OWNER

We have entity based authorizations for GRC PC, so we cannot use GRFN_USER object with ACTVT =02 as this gives access to all organizations. In SPRO --> GRC --> General Settings --> Authorizations --> Maintain Entity Role Assignment, the role SAP_GRC_SPC_SOX_CTL_OWNER is mainatined under ORGUNIT entity.

Please help with the possible resolution for this.

Thanks,

GV

View Entire Topic
javier_huerta2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Not sure if this has been solved already or not, however I can suggest you the following. The authorization values which you have mentioned are the appropriate ones

GRFN_API

ACTVT: 01, 02, 03

GRC_DATPAT: ROLES & ROLES_PC

GRC_ENTITY: ORGUNIT

GRC_SUBTYP: *

Make sure that these values are also maintained in the role which you're assigning in the front end. In your case I think you are using SAP_GRC_SPC_SOX_CTL_OWNER under ORGUNIT however if you haven't modified the values of the standard role you will notice that this role only contains 03 activity for GRC_ENTITY:ORGUNIT so probably that is the issue.

Probably you can create a custom role based on the standard one, add one new node with the values mentioned, maintain it under SPRO and do the front end assignment; that should do the trick

Regards