cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load transaction data from ECC to BPC 10.1 using US GAAP starter kit SP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to understand a bit more the process to load transactional data into BPC 10.1. We have US GAAP Starter Kit SP 3. Below is an screenshot from the config guide:

It explains how transactional data can be extracted from ECC system to the SAP Netweaver BW data source 0FI_GL_10 and then transform it
to get it loaded into BPC. The Objects /PKG/FC_C01 and PKG/FC_DS01 are just mentioned here as reference because they come in the RDS for Financial Close and Disclosure Management, which not all companies have.

I believe the upwards data flow should be from Data Source 0FI_GL_10 to Data Store Object 0FIGL_O10 and then to InfoCube 0FIGL_R10. There is also a data flow that goes from 0FI_FL_10 to InfoCube 0FIGL_R10. Can anyone with experience with US GAAP starter kit answer this?

Thank you.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was able to run the Data Manager Package to load transactional data from BW Info Provider using as source the InfoCube FC_C01.However, I noticed an issue with some of our balance sheet accounts accumulated balance.

As an example, one of our Assets G/L account has an accumulated balance of $620K in local currency USD for period 001.2013 in one company code. When I look at the  DSO FC_DS01 0balance for this account and company code, it shows only $589K in the field 0Balance which is incorrect. OSS Note 1002272 refers to missing data when loading from data source 0FI_GL_10. I want to ask if this could be a possible scenario.

This is holding me from being able to reconcile the actual data loaded in BPC and make Assets = Equity + Liability in BPC for this company code. I am using one of the Actuals Control Reports available in BPC to validate the accounting equation.

nika_sun
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Cesar

Just as replied in incident, yes you need to make sure BW6 - "6.1 Update datasource 0FI_GL_10" is performed and refer to note1002272 as well.