cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your favorite coffee?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is probably the most appropriate subject to "christen" our freshly reborn Coffee Corner.

Since moving to the US I've gotten used to pounds and miles and Farenheits but, unfortunately, still can stomach what passes as "good coffee" around here. (Whoever thinks Dunkin Donuts is best must have had their taste buds removed.) So I have to sneak in my mail-order Gevalia to work in a thermos like some kind of a coffee snob. Although in the past few years there was some uprising in "artisanal" coffees, they still come with a major price tag.

What is your favorite coffee? Any special preparation techniques / traditions?

View Entire Topic
former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I really must wave the flag for us tea drinkers! I love almost all types of tea and start every morning with 2 black teas. Then I continue with herbal (mint (a.k.a nana), fruits, jasmine, green etc. everything except camomille.

However I've grown to enjoy 'cold weak' coffee on a summer day

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yuk! Cold weak coffee? Sounds like McDonalds Mocha Chinos. Tea is AOK. The week I spent in Hyderabad, Intelligroup had a machine that disensed hot tea like it was cold water. It was great. Allowed me to survive the serious jetlag issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like a fermented Earl Grey; cannot handle the green teas because they upset my stomach.  For me, a smooth brew from the highest elevations is the best:  Sumatran, Guatemalan and, of course, Columbian.  For a while, I bought my beans from a coffee roaster in Druid Hills.  I haven't had coffee that good in 20 years - (sigh...).

former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

don't knock it until you try it

The machine sounds nice...  Love seeing you here again DB!