Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Developer Challenge – Open-Source ABAP (Week 2)

Mamikee
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

This discussion thread is to submit your solution for Week 2 of the May 2023 Developer Challenge - Open-Source ABAP 

Week 2 – ABAP2UI5 https://github.com/oblomov-dev/abap2UI5

ABAP2IU5 is a fairly new project which helps ABAP developers create SAPUI5 applications without ever having to code a line of JavaScript, expose an OData service, or work with Fiori Elements or the ABAP RESTful Application Programming model (RAP). This project allows you to create applications having a simple interface like a report selection screen, and display the output in a table, like an ALV Grid.  All with just a few lines of code. 

For this weeks’ challenge, install the ABAP2IU5 project in your system, and create a program using ABAP2UI5, which throws an input screen with two fields (User and Date), and a button.  When the post button is clicked it should send the values to the server.

Resources:

You will get credit for this weeks’ challenge by providing a screenshot of the result with the server providing a message back as shown in the example screenshot below.

Mamikee_0-1684321273452.png

Have Fun 🤩

97 REPLIES 97

Florian
Active Contributor

Hi Mamikee,

is there an option where to install the project, if I'm not having an onprem system available. Don't think the content will fit into a trial system, right?

So, how to participate if I have not the option to put it into something from my company?

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It should install into the ABAP trial systems, it could also already be installed there from someone else as well.  If so, you only have to create an application using it and you can skip the install step.

Cheers,

Rich Heilman

Ok, I can confirm that ABAP2UI5 is installed on the trial instance  https://c75f608d-4148-434a-88e1-64b75d24911a.abap-web.us10.hana.ondemand.com/    So if you are on that trial instance, you need not install it, just use the ABAP2UI5 framework to create your app as outlined above. 

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx for clarification. That's exact the point I aimed on.

larshp
Active Contributor

if you are up for a bit more challenging setup, then https://github.com/larshp/abap2ui5-web runs on https://nodejs.org/en on localhost ie. without a traditional ABAP stack, much like https://blogs.sap.com/2021/02/16/running-some-abap-on-a-raspberry-pi-zero/ 

Hi Lars

This is fantastic. I just gave it a try and it worked on the first go!! Serverless here we go 🙌

0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

abap2UI5 sources are compatible with on-prem and Cloud ABAP environment as well. My-self installed abap2UI5  on my trail account which is on Region: 🇺🇸 US East (VA), same may be valid for you if your account also exists in same region.

abap2UI5 on ABAP Trial Account (on AWS Region US East (VA)) 

Try this link with your user credential.

ennowulff
Active Contributor

mgm12
Explorer

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor

Here's mine (sorry for beeing late) 😉

week2.png

mikitamez
Discoverer

Hi 🙂
1.png

Sathees_P
Participant

Hi @Mamikee,
here is mine

Sathees_Kumar_P_0-1684340831795.png

kwinzig
Explorer

Hello,

here is my submission for week 2
ABAP_2UI5_Test.png

Florian
Active Contributor

brkcnplt
Explorer

Hello 😊

assigment_2.png

JohnPaulLiberal
Explorer

Hello all. Here's my screenshot 😉

JohnPaulLiberal_0-1684357077911.png

HappyGirl
Associate
Associate

My submission for Week 2

sg12_0-1684399322629.png

JaimeRodriguez
Participant

Hi! Here is mine

JaimeRodriguez_0-1684401923977.png

Tomas_Buryanek
Active Contributor

Hi,

whew, this was bigger challenge for me. Because (of course 😐) my company does not allow to import open source code. At least not easily... Thanks a lot for nice SAP Tutorials. They really helped me!

• So I first time registered for SAP BTP Trial (thanks @Former Member & @RichHeilman for hints!).
  • Then I did Eclipse ADT Setup including AbapGit.
  • My trial instance did not have ABAP2UI5 installed, so I simply pulled it.
  • Prepared ABAP2UI5 including HTTP service.
  • And finally developed challenge app 🙂 Screenshot below:

abap_week2_challenge_result.png

-- Tomas --

JerryW
Explorer

Greetings!

JerryW_0-1684410049973.png

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

My submission for Week 2

2023-05-18_09-41-59.png

Ruthiel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Great challenge!
This solution was totally new for me!

Ruthiel_0-1684425450134.png

Zakir_hussain
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used trial instance for this challenge. I've pulled in the ABAP2UI5 program, I'm unable to execute the demo application program as the interface if_oo_adt_classrun must implement. But, the standard ABAP2UI5 doesn't have this interface, if so I did added, but how to implement the if_abap2ui5 interface to classrun. 

Does anyone have come across this kind of challenges?  

Follow the instructions to install in this blog. You would need to create a new HTTP service and then use it to "run" the class.
https://blogs.sap.com/2023/04/14/abap2ui5-6-7-installation-configuration-debugging/

It took me some time to figure it out as well. Here a video tutorial for the same.

Part #2 Develop UI5 application using pure ABAP #sap #abap2ui5 #abap #ui5 #newsyntax - YouTube

Hope it helps.

abo
Active Contributor

Here is my test app:

abo_0-1684428060734.png

bztoy
Participant

Here is mine, the source code has been already push to my SAP Developer Code Challenge repo.

abap2ui5-screen-short.png

smuhsb
Participant

I am wondering why I never tried this earlier! Awesome.

Btw here's my post.
smuhsb_0-1684469768738.png

NooruBohra
Participant

Here's mine.

NooruBohra_0-1684473619045.png

former_member139139
Discoverer

Hi  There , Here is mine!

chiranjeevig_0-1684479450053.png

jasshauer
Explorer

Nice thing, but i guess i will stay on javascript 4 UI5 🙂 

jasshauer_0-1684490088179.png

Zakir_hussain
Explorer

Hello there, Here is mine.

Repo_added_week2_solution 

Zakir_hussain_0-1684499386472.png

OneShivam
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello, here is the screenshot for the challenge

OneShivam_0-1684518560747.png

Hello! 
Here is mine:
SAP Developer Code Challenge – Open-Source ABAP (Week 2) - ALINE CANTEIRO.png

aoyang
Contributor

Here is my week2 submission. 

ABAP W2.jpg

KKilhavn
Active Contributor

After the SICF struggle (hint: don't specify user & password in the service definition) I could get to the enjoyable part of creating my first UI5 application. I had not thought I would do that by writing ABAP code!

kjetil_kilhavn_1-1684525724954.png

Kjetil Kilhavn (Vettug AS) - ABAP developer since Feb 2000

Patrick-L
Discoverer

Great! What a cool repo! 👍
Many thanks and respect to the developer! 🙂

Screenshot 2023-05-20 215024.png

Kishore
Participant

Here is my output.

Kishore_0-1684620837998.png