Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA 2.0 SPS06 certification Study Material

YogSSohanee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am not sure if any one else encountered this question, but I came across this recently, so thought of checking it on this platform. 

I have been meaning to appear for C_HANADEV_18 SAP Certified Development Associate - SAP HANA 2.0 SPS06 certification, and the study material suggest to refer HA450. But when I checked this material on learning hub, it only has sps05 version and not sps06, however C_HANADEV_18 certification is for version sps06.

Furthermore, HA450 (version sps05) has all the references to the WebIDE and not BAS. So is the version sps06 going to be released by SAP soon, or am I missing something here? Kindly help. Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

SAP HANA on Premise still uses SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA and not Business Application Studio.  Business Application Studio applies when you start uses SAP HANA Cloud. This certification covers SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 06 which is the on-premise release not SAP HANA Cloud. So this seems correct to me that the references would be for Web IDE. 

The delta from SPS05 to SPS06 for devlopment isn't fundamental in my personal experience.  Still you might want to review the SPS 06 what's new materials: SAP HANA Platform 2.0 SPS 06 Features | SAP Help Portal

0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for the crisp explanation. I will follow the same then.