Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submissions for "EDA with SAP HANA" developer challenge: Week 4 - DataViz

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

This discussion thread is to submit your solution for Week 4, when participating in the March 2023 developer challenge for SAP Community. The challenge is about "Exploratory Data Analysis with SAP HANA and Python".

Please use this separate thread to ask your questions and discuss issues. Keep this thread for your submissions only.

40 REPLIES 40

sourabh3ss
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Week 4 

I really enjoyed the learning journey.

Thanks a lot! 

You were fast, not long after this week's challenge was published!

But I see that in the end, you resolved the problem with

counter_clock=False

by simply deleting that part 🙂

It's one of the attributes from **kwargs of https://help.sap.com/doc/cd94b08fe2e041c2ba778374572ddba9/2022_4_QRC/en-US/hana_ml.visualizers.html#... that is taken from Matplotlib's https://matplotlib.org/stable/api/_as_gen/matplotlib.pyplot.pie.html#matplotlib-pyplot-pie

You just need to correct `counter_clock` to the correct keyword.

VitaliyR_0-1680085391533.png

sourabh3ss
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Actually I didn't find any documentation for this argument in HANA-ML documentation, so I thought it is a invalid argument. I should have checked the matplotlib as well.

Updated the link 🙂 

@sourabh3ss , 

I see that you replaced plt.show?  or bikes_hdf.select? with executable statements, while I wanted participants to run with those question marks to show how to quickly check a signature of the Python object.

FYI, I added an explicit description now to the notebook:
 Execute the cell below as-is (with a question mark at the end) plt.show? see the help for the method.

dinah
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

gphadnis2000
Participant

Week 4 link.

https://github.com/UZOIQ4SW/HANA-EDA/blob/main/Week4.ipynb

Absolutely enjoyed all weeks with lot of learning and cool stuff in pandas and visualisation

Thank you @gphadnis2000 I am glad to hear you found some cool stuff and have enjoyed the experience.

In your submission, I am missing `Bikes_Rented` line on the plot of the result of the cell [42].

Hi Vitaliy,

I could able to see 'Bikes_Rented' plot as per week 4 sample notebook.

gphadnis2000_0-1680154286181.png

the above is screenshot of my github upload from link mentioned for week4.

gphadnis2000_1-1680154370186.png

@gphadnis2000 :

What I meant was that your result showed this:

VitaliyR_0-1680186375972.png

while it should show that:

VitaliyR_1-1680186445272.png

There is one issue I see when you corrected the code in that cell 🤓

Understood the issue it small code change.

Updated link is below.

https://github.com/UZOIQ4SW/HANA-EDA/blob/main/Week4.ipynb

sainithesh21
Active Participant

Thank you for your submission @sainithesh21 

There were two cells with the `?` at the end of Python statements, and I had asked to execute them as-is, ie. with those question marks at the end to see how that displays handy help.

Hi @Vitaliy-R ,
I have modified them accordingly and execute the notebook. Also pushed the same to the github.

Regards,

Sai Nithesh 

f1se4
Explorer

And now week 4.

week 4 

Beautifull one! 🙂

Sergi

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Thanks @f1se4 

Indeed data viz can be beautiful! But can be ugly as well 😉

No doubt!!!

Mmmm I have seen here some pie graphs.... hahahahah 

Sergi

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Guilty as charged, I am not a strong opponent of pie charts @f1se4 

That why I mentioned "data scientists love to hate pie charts" in the notebook 🤓

XDDDDDDDDDD

abcl0653
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Week 4 

Thanks for the great journey

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

You are welcome @abcl0653 

obinym
Explorer

Thanks for sharing these 4 sessions of initial insights into the hana_ml library. I also enjoyed the best practices for chart design - that could be a nice course on its own right when the hana libraries are available. (For now I could not even get a scatter_plot running without error.

https://github.com/obinym/sap-community-developer-challenge-eda-hana/blob/main/notebooks/challenges/...

Also looking forward to get my hands on the learning model part of the library in the future.

Sessions were very well prepared. Kind Regards, Oskar

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Thank you for trying other options too @obinym !

rcaziraghi
Participant

Challenge submission:

week 4 

I learned a lot with each submission of this challenge. The last one was the best! Thank you @Vitaliy-R , it has been a great opportunity to enhance my skills and get more familiar with EDA with SAP HANA and it's capabilities. Looking forward for the next one!

Best regards,
Rafael

Thank you @rcaziraghi 

It’s great for me to hear participants learned something new!

MioYasuatke
Active Contributor

My week 2 submission.

@MioYasuatke Thank you, and it seems to be week 4, not 2, submission 🙂

My mistake! Indeed it is week 4 submission.

richa_dwivedi
Explorer

Hi,

Please find my week 4 submission Week4.ipynb.

@Vitaliy-R Thanks a lot for sharing these sessions, notebooks were very well prepared, overall It was a great learning experience, looking forward for many more challenges.

Thanks & Regards,

Richa

Thank you for joining @richa_dwivedi and trying different things.

This month my teammate @Dan_Wroblewski started another developer challenge: https://blogs.sap.com/2023/03/30/you-think-you-know-sap-build-take-our-challenge/ and I hope you find time to join it too.

-Vitaliy

Cześć, Pawle! Last two lines in the notebook you submitted are not executed. I see you fixed the error in a code, but notebook is saved with the error message 

Hej Vitaliy,

indeed, idk what happened. It should be fixed now 🙂 And thank you for this challenge !

Akash-B-R
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello,

My submission for week 4: EDA HANA Week 4 Akash-B-R .

I got a lot to look forward to.

Cheers,

Akash.

Sergiu
Contributor

Hi,

Submission for Week 4

Regards,

Sergiu

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

I see you added Seaborn too. What are your primary motivations for using seaborn instead of matplotlib, if I may ask out of curiosity?