Beginner Corner Blog Posts
Share your stories, ideas, and insights here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi all,

Here is a special episode of the SAP Learning Insights podcast. In this episode, I had the opportunity to sit down with Margot Goodson, the head of Diversity and Inclusion for North America. Our conversation focused on strategies and tactics for individuals facing disadvantaged or underprivileged positions in society, aiming to climb the socioeconomic ladder. 

• Financial Management: Margot provided valuable insights on financial management. She emphasized the importance of learning how to manage your money while controlling debt. These skills are not always taught in underprivileged parts of society, so it is important to seek them out yourself.
  • Addressing Bias: Margot shares excellent advice on what to do when you suspect you are encountering bias. In the age of hostility, doxxing, "canceling" and "dunking" on social media, her perspective of taking the high road is truly refreshing.
  • Learning Resources: During our conversation, Margot shared various resources that individuals can use to compensate for the head start that their peers may have had in life. Her persistence in always being on the lookout for new opportunities and credentials paid off.
  • Entering the SAP Ecosystem: Finally, Margot shared her thoughts on how individuals who are on the outside can approach and enter the SAP ecosystem. She encouraged individuals to leverage their skills and experiences, to network with professionals, and to seek out mentorship opportunities. 

David_Chaviano_0-1684231632597.png

I hope that this podcast episode inspires you as much as it inspired me and that you can use Margot's insights to achieve your goals and succeed in your journey.

- David

2 Comments