Beginner Corner Discussions
Reach out to instructors, professors, SAP experts or your peers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Skills Initiative Applicant Guide (For bootcamp candidates)

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Welcome all registrants to the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning! This discussion page will serve as a guide and Q&A forum for all candidates who are working toward their SAP Certification with and without the assistance of an instructor-led boot camp.

David_Chaviano_0-1684767804335.png

Once you have registered via a participating organization or applied here, here are some steps to take to make it through the process:

Step 1 – Create an SAP Account

You will need an SAP account to track your studies and take a certification exam. Watch the demo in this blog for help on how to do that. Please use the same email address that you registered with the digital skills initiative.

Also be sure to join the beginner corner as demonstrated in the demo – this is how you can reach out and ask questions below.

Step 2 – Make sure you have context

We have a long blog available attempting to explain the whole "learning SAP" process from beginning to certification. Take from it what you need to ensure getting certified in SAP is worth the effort to you.

Step 3 – Understand how and what to study

Identify what learning journey your boot camp sessions will be covering.

For example: Onboarding with SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition

Please keep in mind that our instructors cannot guide you through every piece of testable content of your learning journey in the time allotted for their sessions. You must also self-study through the learning journey as well – ideally before meeting the instructor so you can attend the sessions prepared with your questions.

Be sure the completion of this learning journey is recorded under your SAP account. (You need to be registered and logged in with the same email address that you signed up with the digital skills initiative.)

Step 4 – Use the sandbox system for hands-on practice

If this is your first foray into the SAP ecosystem, it’s important that you have touched an SAP system at least a few times.

Read this blog on how to practice with SAP S/4HANA Cloud for free.

Here is a link to an exercise guide that you can use on this system.

Step 5 – Receiving your certification attempt

After your learning journey completion, you will receive a redemption code for your SAP certification attempt. It may take some time to receive this code, apologies for the delay – we are working on this as fast as we can! To expedite receipt, you can send a screenshot of your completion of digitalskills@sap.com

• Please log into the SAP Training Shop  with the same email address that you registered with the digital skills initiative and place this product into your shopping basket.
  • From there, follow this guide on how to use this campaign code to “pay” for your certification attempt.

Please redeem the code ASAP when you receive it. You can schedule the actual exam up to six month after redemption.

Step 6 - Schedule your exam

Check out our blog on how to schedule your SAP Certification exam.

Please feel free to drop a comment below if you have any questions or comments. Best of luck with your studies!

Step 7 - Explore Career Options

Check out the career corner

Navisite, an SAP Partner, is looking to recruit  candidates from the the digital skills initiative cohort.

Click here to view their current job openings for people participating in the digital skills initiat...

Recordings

Aug 2023 Bootcamp on Project managing a SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud implementation

Day 1 (28 Aug): Click here
Passcode: 4s8#7fVv
Day 1 Slide deck

Day 2 (29 Aug): Click here
Passcode: V!h&v87$
Day 2 Slide deck 

Day 3 (30 Aug): Click here
Passcode: +V3r9*8P
Day 3-5 Slide deck

Day 4 (31 Aug): Click here
Passcode: N$8#*qo9

Day 5 (1 Sept): Click here
Passcode: %VzPBV59

45 REPLIES 45

kate_wilson
Associate
Associate

Hello everyone! 

My name is Kate Wilson, and I'll be your instructor for the week. I've been teaching consultants how to implement different SAP Cloud products for over 10 years and look forward to introducing you to SAP S/4HANA Cloud!

Best,

Trainer Kate

Hi,

The recording of Day 1 seems not to be working. It lasts for only 7s and has no content. 

Best Regards,
Gustavo Neis

Hey David, 

The recording for Day 1 is only 7 seconds long. Perhaps there was an error?

Thank you!

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

@former_member144240 @former_member144243 - Sorry about that! I've added the correct recording. Give it another try. You'll have to skip ahead to 19:00

Works!! thanks, David.

former_member144225
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

Will the slides be shared as well?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Yes, just added them!

former_member144711
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

As we approach the end of the bootcamp, I wanted to ask you if there is a deadline for taking the certification  exam?

Best Regards, 

Kenza

Hi @former_member144711 ,

Once you get your certification exam attempt, you will have 6 months to schedule the exam. I recommend you schedule it earlier rather than later though!

Bear with us with the certification exam distribution process - it's a bit rough/slow at the moment.

FrancisE
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

Please could you post the recording for Day 3?

Kind regards,

Francis 

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Done!

Pradynesh_Bhoir
Discoverer

Hey David,

I had the following questions.

1. Are the two journeys we discussed during our boot camp sufficient for passing the certification exam? I noticed that when I clicked on the "View Certification" option in the "How to Prepare" section, there was a recommendation to complete a new journey called "Project Manage an SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Implementation," which differs from the journeys we discussed.

2. When will the distribution process for the certification exam commence?

3. Can you provide an estimate of the number of study hours required to complete the certification (Including the journey time)?

Thanks!!

I can help with these questions:

1. Yes, here is the link to the certification exam  where you will see a breakdown of the topics covered. In the Onboard with SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Learning Journey, there are two separate courses: Explore SAP Cloud ERP and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Onboarding Fundamentals. Both of these courses are covered in the exam. The Project Manage an SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Implementation Learning Journey ONLY includes S/4HANA Cloud Onboarding Fundamentals. I know it's a little confusing, but you are in the right place already.
  2. Please follow David's instructions (Step #5) in his post above to request your certification attempt and Step #6 to schedule the exam.
  3. It's difficult to estimate the total hours you may personally need to complete this course, because everyone has different starting points. For example, a consultant who's had experience implementing other SAP products for a few years is going to need less time than a consultant fresh out of college. This is because the experienced consultant would be aware of the general tasks and requirements of a consultant on the job and would know where to go when they have questions or are looking for information from the experience with SAP products. Essentially, they already have a "knowledge net" that's woven tightly and can capture new information and make connections to what they already know quickly. A new consultant needs to built that knowledge net from scratch, which takes more time and effort as they organize all this information into a structure that makes sense to them. Each new piece of information is connected to other things they already know and creates a more tightly-woven net, which in turn makes it easier to catch and retain new information faster. So overall, the best way to be efficient with your learning is to connect new information to things you already know. This gives the new information context. However, some things make sense more easily than others, so spend extra time on those things you don't quite know where to place in your knowledge net. Test yourself by trying to write quiz items after learning a new chunk of content. If you can write a good item that makes sense to you, you've probably mastered the topic and can move forward. If you're doing this part-time, at least spend a couple weeks and when you feel comfortable coming up with and answering your own quiz items for each area, you're probably ready to schedule the exam. 

I hope this helps!

Best,

Kate

YuniChoi
Discoverer

Hello, I got an invitation email to apply for the exam but I dont think I got the redemption code for that exam.

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @YuniChoi ,

The prerequisite for receiving a free certification attempt is to complete the learning journey. If you want to get your attempt ASAP, send a screenshot of your completion to digitalskills@sap.com.

Regards,

David

JuanChung
Newcomer

I missed the last class (Day 5). Could you please send me an invitation email so that I can receive the redemption code for the certification exam?

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @JuanChung ,

The prerequisite for receiving a free certification attempt is to complete the learning journey. If you want to get your attempt ASAP, send a screenshot of your completion to digitalskills@sap.com.

Regards,

David

FrancisE
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

Please could you post the recording for Day 5 and also the slides for Day 3,4 and 5?

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Done!

sandrahathaway
Newcomer

Hello all,

I have a few colleagues who are interested in obtaining an SAP certificate. Is it possible for newly interested individuals to join the learning journey and have a chance to receive free certification?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Sandra Hathaway

0 Kudos

Hi @sandrahathaway ,

Thanks for your interest! Can you send me a direct message with their details? I'd like get them on board if possible.

Regards,

David

sarahchoi
Newcomer

Hello, I never got an email to attempt the certification. Where can I get the code?

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @sarahchoi ,

The prerequisite for receiving a free certification attempt is to complete the learning journey. If you want to get your attempt ASAP, send a screenshot of your completion to digitalskills@sap.com.

Regards,

David

Pradynesh_Bhoir
Discoverer

Hey @David_Chaviano & @kate_wilson ,

Thank you so much for your amazing BootCamp. This helped me gain a lot of knowledge and ideas about SAP implementation. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend today's career fair. Where can I find each partner's point of contact to explore upcoming internships or full-time opportunities at their individual organizations? I recently graduated and am actively looking for SAP-related employment opportunities.

Thanks,

Pradynesh Bhoir

0 Kudos

Hi @Pradynesh_Bhoir ,

Sorry to miss you! You can find all participating partners at the bottom of the event page.

Feel free to reach out to them through their email channels or post a discussion in the career corner looking for contact info! 

@jmmargo - any other ideas?

Saeed
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hallo David,

Today is our session Project Manage an SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition Implementation learning

at 13:00 O'Clock but no Instructor is there. Timing changed? Thanks

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

@Saeed - We go live right now!

It will be going live every day this week from 1PM-3PM EST.

Thank You David,

My mistake, I didn't compare the time difference. When I get the recording of the first session?

Thanks

Saeed

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

@Saeed -its posted on the blog!

0 Kudos

Thank You

marcinizydorczy
Explorer

Hello,

In addition to being able to take the certification exam, will we have some kind of confirmation of bootcamp attendance that we may share on Linkedin?

Best regards,

Marcin Izydorczyk

Hi @marcinizydorczy ,

We do not confirm or track attendance in the bootcamp as the bootcamp is a supplement to the learning journey itself. The learning journey remains the key to passing the exam and it is the completion of the learning journey that creates eligibility for the free certification attempt.

gunchinghern
Explorer

Dear @David_Chaviano 

Thank you so much for coordinating the amazing BootCamp. Excited to attend the remaining sessions this week!

Q&A

1. May I ask if participants will be provided with any sort of confirmation of Bootcamp attendance?
  2. Is Attendance used to track a participant's eligibility for the certification attempt?
  3. To be eligible for the certification, a participant must complete the learning journey:
    • Is this in the form of (Bootcamp Completion) + (Learning Journey Completion)?

Thank you, looking forward to your response!

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @gunchinghern ,

No we do not confirm or track attendance in the bootcamp as the bootcamp is a supplement to the learning journey itself. The learning journey remains the key to passing the exam and it is the completion of the learning journey that creates eligibility for the free certification attempt.

XeloHim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi David

I've successfully completed the SAP Technology Consultant Professional Certificate through Coursera. As part of the program, I was informed that I would receive an SAP free exam voucher. Could you please guide me on how to claim this voucher?

0 Kudos

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

Hope you're great. As @XeloHim mentioned, I'm planning to complete the SAP Technology Consultant Professional Certificate from Coursera any time soon, but I also decided to subscribe to this bootcamp. So, in my case, will I have to attend all sessions and complete the learning journey this week (from 08/28 to 09/01)  in order to claim the free exam voucher o there will be more time after the bootcamp to achieve those goals?

Many thanks in advance! 

former_member153445
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Dear @David ,

I am a participant in the SAP Digital Skills Initiative. I wish to express my sincere gratitude for the invaluable opportunity you have provided me.
I am delighted to share that I have successfully completed the learning journey for the course 'Implement SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition for Sourcing and Procurement.' I have attached the course completion screenshot for your reference.

With the successful completion of my learning journey, I am now eager to take the next step and pursue the certification exam: C_S4CPR_2308, 'SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition - Sourcing and Procurement.' I kindly request your assistance in providing a redemption code that will enable me to register for this certification attempt.

I have also emailed this screenshot at the given email address.Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 2.50.15 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-29 at 2.51.34 PM.png

Thank you once again for this opportunity, and I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Siddhartha Sinha

Hey, did you receive the redemption code? I still haven't received it, even though I completed the learning journey and emailed the proof of completion.

0 Kudos

Good Day @Sivana !

I'm a participant from the August session, just wondering if you managed to claim your certification attempt successfully? Looking forward to your response!