Blogs about SAP Websites
Stay up to date on essential SAP websites with the latest offerings and news about SAP for Me, SAP Help Portal, SAP Support Portal, and other properties.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
**Update on Sep 15th, 2023**

The feature enhancement has been implemented. You can change the SAP for Me display language from 'My Settings'- 'Portal Preferences'- 'Languages'.

**Update on June 15th, 2023**

Currently your browser’s language will be the display language for SAP for Me. There will be a feature enhancement to enable the user to specify the preferred language within SAP for Me settings. Target to be available later in the year. Will keep you posted.

We are pleased to inform that the SAP for Me portal is now available in multi-languages.

Based on your browser settings, SAP for Me will be displayed in your preferred language. We support 7 languages: English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, French, Portuguese, and Spanish.

Here are some instructions on how to change your browser language settings:

• Google Chrome/Microsoft Edge:

Simply go to your browser ‘Settings’-> ‘Languages’. Here is an example for Google Chrome.

You can add languages and click ‘Move to the top’.

• Apple Safari:

On a Mac, choose the “Apple” menu > “System Settings”, click General in the sidebar , then click Language & Region on the right. (You may need to scroll down.) You can change the default language of your Mac by switching the sorting of ”Preferred languages”, Move your preferred language to the top.

SAP for Me will automatically adapt it and display in your language.

Currently we support 7 languages, in case your preferred language is not included, English is used as the default language.

Please be aware that unlike in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad, where you selected the language in your “User Profile”, the language of your browser exclusively defines how you’ll see SAP for Me.

If you are using SAP for Me mobile app, we offer even more languages. German, English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Russia, Korean and Italian.

And also SAP Notes and SAP Knowledge Base Articles are displayed automatically in these 10 languages using machine translation.

This marks another important milestone in simplifying your new, central entry point to engage with SAP.

Find more information about the transition of the SAP ONE Support Launchpad to SAP for me at My Support page from SAP Support Portal.

SAP for Me is made for you!

Connected blogs:
52 Comments
I346734
Advisor
Advisor
thanks for sharing Amanda! We will spread the word with our customers.
PS_1
Explorer
From my point of view this is only a second-best solution.
Why not use the Settings area of the profile to set the preferred language (as preferred date, time, and number formats can be set there as well)?
I would like to keep my browser language independent from the application language.
Thanks.
roland_k
Explorer
I can only agree to Peter Sprenger.

I would like to have SAP for Me in English, but my browser language is German (and I don't want to change this)

Please check and adjust
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Thanks Peter. I have shared it with our colleagues and will come back to you.
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thank you Roland! I have shared it with our colleague and will come back to you and Peter.
oguzhanuslu
Discoverer
That's also my case. I am also looking for this solution.

Thanks in advance.
Hinrich
Explorer
0 Kudos
My browser language is German and I get SAP for Me only in English.
It is Microsoft EDGE.
yassine_amalou
Discoverer
This is not a very intuitive option in my opinion. As others stated, we would like to have the option to change the language settings for SAP for ME without changing the browser language.
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Hinrich,

Thanks for reaching out. I quickly checked with our developer.

If German(or any SAP for Me supported languages) is set as the first language in the preferred language settings in the browser, then the translation will/should work as expected.

If you have other language, e.g. Turkish as the first one, German as the second language, then currently there is an open issue as the website is displayed in English, instead of German.

But if German is already your first language and it does not work, please report a case to us at component XX-SER-FORME

Thanks.

BR, Amanda
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thank you Yassine. I have forwarded your feedback as well. Once I got further update, will reach out to you.
Markus_Schutz
Participant
I have to agree to the other people commenting. This is a bad design.

I'm located in Germany and while my browser default are set to "German" I want to use all SAP services in English only.

While this has been possible on the well established SAP One Support Launchpad it's no longer possible on SAP for ME. Yet another reason not to use it.
Shelly-Corcoran
Advisor
Advisor
Did you know customers and partners can submit and vote for ideas pertaining to SAP for Me within Customer Influence page? In fact, there is already an idea created for SAP for Me Language Settings that you can vote on today. We'd love to hear from you!

former_member214380
Participant

Hello Amanda,

thanks for your blog post. I am from Germany and whenever I open up a SAP note it is displayed in the wonderful German machine translation but leaving me with the option to switch to English original document.

I prefer seeing the notes in Englisch in the first place. I already switched my language in my SAP settings to English, but it does not change anything.

Can you help me out on that?

Thanks and regards
Daniel

amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Daniel,

Thanks a lot for your comment!

You'd like to keep your browser language as German, but display SAP notes by default in English, right? If so, I think it's the similar request with the other comments, I have shared the feedback to our colleagues. I will let you know once I got additional input.

Kind Regards,

Amanda
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Got it and thank you Markus. Will let you and others know once I got further update.

Kind Regards, Amanda
former_member214380
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Amanda,

exactly what you are saying 🙂 I mean, it's nice to get pointed to German, but the machine translations are in my opinion... mostly... let's say cumbersome 😉

Thanks
Daniel
Markus_Schutz
Participant
Thank you Shelly.

This definitly needs to be "fixed" before SAP forces us to use SAP for Me. It's totally unusable for now.
hganga
Explorer
Thanks for the post Amanda. But i agree with our german friends, but in my case, my browser settings are in spanish, and i don´t want to read the sap notes in spanish. I preffer english. In fact, i did not know how to change the language of "SAP for me" untill read your blog.

Thanks and best regards.
reidmathieu
Newcomer

I agree with everyone that changing your language independently from the browser setting should have been an option from the start.

Sadly, most of us have no control over browser settings.

Please fix this before the death of the launchpad.

ShaziaTanveer
Explorer
Thank you for the blog post. Its really helpful
Markus_Schutz
Participant
Is there any update? SAP is now starting to force customers to use it but I still cannot change my language. This is a show stopper for us.
former_member488751
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello all,

Just to provide a quick update with regards to the issue you raised above on whether it is possible to change SAP for Me language in profile language. Currently it still goes with the browser setting. For Notes and KBAs, there are machine translation to translate into the desired language.On the bottom of every note there is a language selector. You can just scroll down and click on the language you want to see.

I will keep you posted if there are new updates.

BR, Amanda
josh12b
Explorer
Hi Amanda,

I 100% agree with everyone here saying that this should not be bound to the browser language. This is really really bad design.

I also am based in Germany and use most of my websites in german. But everything regarding SAP has to be in English. Because almost everything we do in regards to SAP is also in english.

And the machine translation for SAP Notes and KBA's are... lets say a "Beta" more or less. Machine translation is just not working when error messages or specific technical issues are explained. It's unusable.

I'm already not a huge fan of the decision to completely kill the SAP One Launchpad and forcing us to use SAP for Me. But when changing this, it would make it much easier on me....

Kind regards,
Josh
igor_ivanov
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks Amanda Gong! This will help a lot!
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thank you for your feedback Josh! Totally understand that. I will share the feedback to the team. Meanwhile, as Shelly pointed out, could you please also vote on this one? Thank you!

"Did you know customers and partners can submit and vote for ideas pertaining to SAP for Me within Customer Influence page? In fact, there is already an idea created for SAP for Me Language Settings that you can vote on today. We'd love to hear from you!"

Kind Regards,

Amanda
Please revert this modification, I don't want to see the notes in my own language, and it doesn't even correctly translate the technical names.
harrygallo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is anyone else having issues in this new SAP for Me?

I am no longer able to see correction instructions for OSS notes.

correction instructions are not displayed for any OSS note in the new SAP for ME

every time I try to view the Correction Instructions of any OSS note in the new SAP for ME I get this error "supportshell-dgq5qdz5dm.dispatcher.int.sap.eu2.hana.ondemand.com took too long to respond." and no Correction Instructions are displayed.
There appears to be an issue in the new SAP for ME for OSS notes

Issue correction instructions

error in correction instructions display

0 Kudos
like you, i'm appalled by the suboptimal way this thing has been thought through.
0 Kudos
I switched to SAP for Me and I'm stuck on it. very frustrating.
GCET
Participant
0 Kudos
Totally agree with you Peter. I was looking the solution for this since I`m seeing everything in ES while I need in EN.
GCET
Participant
0 Kudos
Amanda if Customer Influence will take month or years then this is not good at all. Can you please provide a solution for the language setup?

Thanks!

Gaspar
PS_1
Explorer
Dear all,

There are two Customer Influence Requests dealing with this issue.

I have voted for both of them 😉

https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/295333/?section=sectionDetails

https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/300357/?section=sectionDetails

Best regards,

Peter
gbrochet_2
Explorer

Hi Amanda,

I can only agree with all coments above,

We should be able to easily pick a langague (English...) without having to change browser options.

Sap Influence :

https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/300357 -> Status: Accepted on 1st June 23

josh12b
Explorer
Hi amanda.gong ,

do you have any news on when we will be able to set our default language again?

The following Customer Influence has been accepted:
https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/300357

And this Customer Influence (same topic) has 65 Votes!
https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/295333

Any news on this is well appreciated!

regards,
Josh
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Josh,

I got some update on this topic.

We heard you and currently this feature enhancement has been accepted and targeted to be delivered later this year.

I will keep updating this blog to let you know.

Kind Regards,

Amanda
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Guillaume,

We heard you and currently this feature enhancement has been accepted and targeted to be delivered later this year.

Kind Regards,

Amanda
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Sergi,

Kind Regards,

Amanda
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Peter, hi Gaspar,

Kind Regards,

Amanda
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Mathieu,

Kind Regards,

Amanda
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello all,

Currently your browser’s language will be the display language for SAP for Me. We hear your concerns. There will be a feature enhancement to enable the user to specify the preferred language within SAP for Me settings. Target to be available later in the year.

Kind Regards,

Amanda
josh12b
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Amanda,

thank you for the update!
I'm very glad to hear that 🙂

Cheers,
Josh
Flaviano
Discoverer

Hello Amanda,

I have read your post and all the questions. I feel that mine is related and might be already solved.

If I search for Notes, the same Note is shown in several languages as if they were different results. It makes it annoying to browse the Notes. Is it solved somehow?

Thanks!

y_w
Discoverer

Same here make have postpone the adoption of sapme as long as possible. But we are there and it's really annoying to get a multitude identical result only the language of it changing.

t_peschar2
Explorer
0 Kudos
please solve this is really BAD , also all those space line if you want to browse sap note a lot of click are needed !!!

I don't want getting RSI. just due to the fact that SAP changed from support.sap.com to me.sap.com.
su01
Participant
0 Kudos
Yes, the duplicates are very bad for orientation. The anyway often overwhelming search results are getting just worse.

I hope the visual indicators are an indication to us that SAP is on its way to get the portal working soon. Go SAP4Me team 😉
rduppen
Explorer
0 Kudos
Yes, me too. I get the results in English as well as German. My browser language is Dutch 🙂
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello all,

The feature enhancement has just been released.

You can change the SAP for Me display language from 'My Settings'- Portal Preferences- Language.

Kind Regards,

Amanda
josh12b
Explorer
Thank you!

Finally I'm able to see SAP Notes in English again by default!
svetlana_gh
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi amanda.gong

I try to change language  in My Settings but I can't save it. Every time I receive the error 'Failed to save settings' .  What could be the cause?

mgbernardo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello amanda.gong

I'm not able to save my settings. Whenever I try to set my language it says the save failed.

me_error

Cheers! ^_^