Career Corner Blog Posts
Blog posts are a great way for SAP, customers, and partners to share advice, insights into career trends, new opportunities, and personal success stories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
former_member42008
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Despite accounting for about half of the employed workforce globally, women are still underrepresented in the tech field. At SAP, we are committed to increasing diversity in our workforce at all levels of SAP to reflect the diversity in society, with gender being just one important factor. In 2021, our workforce had 34.3% women and 28.3% women in management, showing an upwards trend over the last five years.

[Read our 2021 Diversity & Inclusion report to dive deeper into our D&I data.]

At SAP, we are focused on tackling gender parity, because we believe that diverse perspectives help us serve the world better. Statistics aside, we recognize ‘women in tech’ isn’t a monolith. Every person is different, unique and walk their own career journeys.

The new Women Build Breakthroughs, Together campaign shines individual spotlights on the inspiring women at SAP who own their decisions, opportunities, and careers.

Meet Sarah Borda and Ida Rümenapp, the first two employees in the series.

Sarah Borda is a project manager, founder of the SAP Young Africans in Tech program and holds leadership positions in the SAP Women in Tech Initiative, Black Employee Network and Pride@SAP employee networking groups. Leveraging these powerful platforms to mentor, empower and inspire women to take on impactful work is one of her biggest passions. One of her goals? To have equal numbers of men and women represented on stage.

“I really try and encourage my mentees to seek opportunities beyond countries, cultures and societies that they’ve grown up in all their lives,” she says.

Ida Rümenapp is a HXM Customer Success Partner Associate in the SAP Academy for Customer Success. SAP’s collaborative team environment pushes you to new heights – not unlike feeling secure enough to jump out of a plane. As Ida describes. “Through this trust, I feel empowered and capable of unlocking my potential”. She loves working at SAP. She says, “I can test my limits with new challenges and enjoy the risk of failure knowing that I am supported and learning along the way”.

SAP’s success is dependent on the rich diversity of all people from every background. You will be inspired to discover opportunities far beyond your imagination. The best part? You’ll never be alone because we build breakthroughs, together.

Join us today and be empowered to discover your unique career path.

Visit jobs.sap.com to learn more about career opportunities at SAP.

Follow Life at SAP on social media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | LinkedIn | TikTok

1 Comment