Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling all Learners! What is Your Success Story?

Anne_Lenhardt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Starting a career is hard and requires a lot of discipline, self-motivation, and perseverance. All of these qualities apply to Karen Rodrigues. The woman from Brazil turned her life around  and went from being a strong and successful professional in Business Administration and Accounting to a strong and successful woman in tech. But her transition wasn’t easy. But what helped her in addition was her determination to learn and grow. I worked hard, double even, to show everyone else that I have the skills and competent. It is my belief that knowledge is power and the key to success. You must study and you have to take action to change your life.

I know there are more people like Karen out there. People who had and have the determination to learn and grow, to boost their careers and to develop personally. That is why I am looking for learners from all backgrounds who have made use of one or more of SAP’s various learning offerings. Tell me about the impact your learning experience had on your life: Did you kick-start your career thanks to a certification? Did you even switch to a completely different role? Or has learning in general impacted your personal life? I would love to hear your success story, no matter how small or big it is.

I am hoping to find real-life testimonials who are willing to tell their story, inspire other people with it, and help me and my team at SAP achieve our mission: Creating opportunity through learning and development for all. 

Your story could be turned into social media marketing material, a feature article or even a written story. Whether you are a student and new talent, a well-seasoned SAP professional, a self-starter, career switcher, or else, I would love to get to know you and your story, so feel free to reach out, comment, and share with others!

4 REPLIES 4

CoCaptainHenri
Explorer

Too early to share the journey, but certainly looking forward to publish the result of firm resolve. Kudos to you, dear Anne. 

Anne_Lenhardt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Absolutely, please let me know how it went and what you could achieve!

RichDBlumberg
Participant

Anne... A nice post... I'm a seasoned professional who employes interns and has a great consulting team. I'm taking the Low-Code/No-Code learning journey to sharpen my skills on a growing opportunity for business practioners (aka Citizen Developers).

Having been around SAP for many years my skills have grown expedentially by way of SAP Build Apps, SAP Build Process Automation along with SAP Build Work Zone (which I'm an expert in already).  I'm excited to use these tools, overtime, with major SAP products (e.g., SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP Business Technology Platform) and third-party apps/tools/data. 

Recently wrote a blog on this experience, Business Teams Can Create Their Own Apps (with Occasional Help!) I welcome comments and hearing about others' experiences!

Anne_Lenhardt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rich, thanks so much for reaching out! Excited to meet like-minded people who love and value learning as much as I do. Has taking the LCNC learning journey already payed off for you? What was the effect it had on your day-to-day work? I would be interest to find out more.