🍰"A balanced diet is a cookie to each hand- Share your fav cookie/baking recipe." 🍪
You can always bake and try new recipes, but you spend more time at home, especially when the days are getting shorter and the evenings longer. This invites you to baking evenings. In addition, a lot has happened in the baking sector recently. There are many sources of inspiration for this topic, for example, shows like Nailed it! on Netflix.
Today I want to share a personal story & my absolute favorite cake recipe with you. When my partner came to Germany for the first time during his school days, he was placed with an older swabian couple (Gisela & Herbert) as an exchange student. Understanding wasn't always easy: they only spoke German and his German could still be improved. For them, food was a wonderful medium of communication. We all know: "The way to a man's heart goes through his stomach". Unfortunately, Gisela passed away this year, but she shared this wonderful recipe with us before. It's easy to make, and I don't know anyone who doesn't like it! Below you can find the recipe.
Feel free to try it out!
So my question to you is:
What is your favorite baking recipe (cookie, cake …) and is there a story about it?
By the way, feel free to have a look at my colleague Moshe's post. Everything revolves around the topic of "favorite dishes".
- 5 eggs
- 250gramm sifted powdered sugar
- 250ml oil
- 2 small packs of vanilla sugar
- 250ml eggnog
- 125g flour
- 125g food starch
- 4 tablespoons of baking powder
- Beat the eggs, powdered sugar and vanilla sugar for one minute until fluffy.
- Then stir in the oil and eggnog.
- Mix flour with starch and baking powder, sieve and slowly stir in portions.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured cake pan.
- Bake at 180 degrees for about 60 minutes.
- When the cake is done baking, let it cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the mold.