Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arbor Week: one click = one tree!

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

We celebrate Arbor Week this week! During the next 5 days, SAP is helping our climate by planting trees. All you have to do is to publish OR like OR follow OR comment on OR reply to any piece of community content and SAP will plant 1 tree on your behalf! Every active contribution of yours counts.
It's as easy as liking this shout-out discussion and a tree is getting planted. We want to reach our goal of planting 20,000 trees this week, so hit that Like button!

Arbor_Week_banner2_resized.png

In case you're new to our community, get started and take our Onboarding tutorial(s). How to find content to like? Check out our discussions here in Groups, browse and join our location-based groups, check out our many community-driven events and of course, be active in our Q&A and Blogging area. I am sure you'll find something to engage with. 

I know that you like to engage in SAP Community anyway, but knowing that your electronic clicks can help clean up the air on our planet gives the action even more purpose. Thank you for joining the challenge and helping us plant trees! Keep an eye on the comments (by watching this post or leaving a comment) to see how close we are to our 20,000 tree goal!

Pssssst: and on top of the good cause: you might know that when you're active 5 days in a row, you will earn the SAP Community Fan April badge:

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 14.30.20.png

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.
17 REPLIES 17

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Check out our first Arbor Week related content by @hardyp180 and join the discussion by reading his blog post and share your thoughts with us. 
Thank you, Paul for your contribution 🙏🏽

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Let's plant those trees! 🌳 😊

StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Arbor Week gives us much to celebrate at #sapcommunity #arborday #gotrees #showlovefortrees.

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Every tree counts!🌳🌴🌲

Harish_Vatsa
Active Contributor

A very good initiative to nurture Mother Earth!!

@Harish_Vatsa well said!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Happy "Tag des Baumes"! Today marks the official German celebration day of trees and our second celebration day of Arbor Week in SAP Community! 🌳
For this occasion, check out @BaerbelWinkler's blog post about Greening IT – Improve performance of SAP-programs and cut down spool output

CALX15
Explorer

what a nice idea - now that it`s spring again!

stevang
Active Participant

Nice... I will try to publish an article/blog this week for sure...

stevang
Active Participant

... And I actually did publish an article this week: Part 2: How to build an Integration Architecture for the Intelligent Enterprise | SAP Blogs - of course, I did not write it in one day, but I really did my best to finish it during this week (=Arbor Week)... So, I guess, now I have "earned" one tree 🙂

... I invite everyone to read/like/comment (this week) the article itself - so we "plant" together some more trees 🙂

*) of course, I do understand, like/comment on any other article would also bring some trees... 

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Perfect timing, @stevang - well done! 
You're right, that publication, plus this comment counts towards our goal of 20,000 trees! 🌳

So, I just kudoed your reply, replied to you, liked your blog post, followed your blog post, and commented on your blog post = 5 trees

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thank you for all your replies and kudos! 
For Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, we have reached more than 12,000 engagements already! I hope all of you were busy also today and pushed that number up! 

Go and have a look into my colleague Jerry Janda's discussion here in the Coffee Corner where he speaks for the trees and wants you to share your fav tree with him!

I really would have liked to be more active during the week to "donate" many clicks, but I just was too busy and sidetracked while at EGU23 in Vienna to log on regularly (and I guess the clicks I did on Saturday will unfortunately not count!).

Cheers

Bärbel

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

THANK YOU SAP Community for your extra engagement during last week!
Together we made it and achieved our goal, which is why SAP will plant 20,000 trees 🌳

I will keep you updated on the organisation SAP will be collaborating with for this initiative! Make sure to check back to this discussion reply. 

@lenastodal this warms my heart. I am proud to be an SAP Community member. More good is to come! Sharing, learning, comparing...and appreciating everyone, every day for everything that they do😍

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Absolute fantastic! Thanks for sharing, @lenastodal 🌳🌳🌳

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi all - I promised you to update on the organisation SAP will be collaborating with for this initiative! Together we made it and achieved our goal of getting 20,000 trees planted! 

SAP will plant 20,000 trees at the Banyula planting site in New South Wales, Australia with our tree planting partner ReForest Now. At this large planting site, over 180 native species are used to restore a biodiverse and protected rainforest, fight climate change, and bring new life to the landscape that was cleared over 150 years ago. To date, the ReForest Now team have planted more than 200,000 trees on the site, stretching over 7 kilometres of the Wilsons River near Byron Bay.

Thank you for making it happen! 🌳