Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUG Orlando

will we have ASUG in Orlando this year 2022 ?

Really i miss it 

6 REPLIES 6

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've not seen anything about a physical event this year from the SAP (SAP SAPPHIRE in Orlando) side, ASUG I can't speak to though.

JimSpath
Active Contributor

Long ago, ASUG ran an annual conference independent of SAP. After a co-location with Sapphire started, the deal was so much better for ASUG, the attendance increased, more SAP speakers and experts were available, so there was no going back. Putting on a show for 10,000 plus people requires having up to that many hotel rooms available; I frankly don't see a conference at that scale occurring in 2022. I'd predict SAP TechEd will also stay virtual (crystal balling in January 2022...).

mmcisme1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would guess Teched isn't either.  Our Covid cases in the hospitals are soaring again with the new variants.  I live in the US, in Michigan.   I believe they are going up in all areas of the US.  (I could be wrong on that)  The people in the hospitals are 70 - 90% of the people that did not get vaccinated.  

IngoD
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Well there have been large physical on-site events with 10k+ visitors already also in the US, like the National Retail Federation 2022 event in January in New York. 

IngoD
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Let's wait and hope... also agree that I miss the physical interaction quite a bit.. no doubt about hybrid events - partly virtual, partly physical, so the characteristic of the physical part might be significantly different from what we experienced in the past, but generally that personal part is simply missing in any virtual format.

IngoD
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

You might have seen it already here: https://www.sap.com/about/events/sapphire.html 

and it even reads: 

• May 10–12: SAP Sapphire Orlando and ASUG Annual Conference

So for sure different concept to be expected for the event, also spread across regional areas with the biggest event in Orlando, but at least an in-person experience again. 🙂