Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cars, Cars, Cars.........

JoshuaBatson
Participant

I love cars. However I am currently at a point in my life where I have other priorities. Thought I'd throw it out there and start some discussions ! 

1. What car(s) do you have ? 
  2. What do you like/dislike about them ? 
  3. What car realistically would you like and Why ? 
  4. What car unrealistically would you like and why? 

I'll go first ! 

I am currently driving an all black, 2013 BMW 3 Series Touring 318d...this is not it but a picture from google.

BMW 3 Series Touring 2013BMW 3 Series Touring 2013

I got it about 4 years ago with 25,000 miles on the clock. It has just hit 75,000. The car is great - It eats through motorway miles so easily. I just came back from a road trip to Scotland and covered about 1000 miles with ease, it is super comfy and the design is pretty timeless - you wouldn't expect it to be almost 8 years old ! However it does have its annoyances...... I can answer calls through the Bluetooth system but can't play music so have to use an AUX cable, Also there is no Android Auto available so I have to use my phone on a stand which I hate. 

Realistically I will probably keep this for another couple of years, by that point the new BMW 3 Series M340i Touring will be a couple of years old and I should be able to get into a low millage model. For non car folk reading this its basically still a BMW 3 series estate but the fast 4 wheel drive version. 

BMW M340i 2021BMW M340i 2021

I love the idea that I can have a fast car to drive around in when by myself, but I can also get a family in it when necessary, I could race over to Ikea and throw a mattress in the back ! It fits my golf clubs in easily and when we get a dog there is plenty of space for them also. 

Now unrealistically I would like the brand new Porsche 911 Carrera 4S in Yellow. 

911 Carrera 4S 2021911 Carrera 4S 2021

Its a six-cylinder, twin-turbo 3.0-litre that runs power to all 4 wheels. Looks great, I assume it drives great ! I have always loved Porsche, and this new 911 model is just gorgeous. It doesn't have Android auto but I'd make do without it or buy an iPhone as it does have apple car play. It does however have rear wheel steering which is a great feature, plus a lift kit so you don't hit all the speed bumps here in the UK. 

Anyways enough about me - what about you ?

27 REPLIES 27

former_member520
Newcomer

All the cars I'm currently interested are match-box sized metal ones - the only ones that lasts with kids 

🙂

manfredKlein
Participant
0 Kudos

A friend of mine works at BMW. Don't worry about the age. Normally they are built to last. At least the chassis and engine parts. What you complain is about electronics. This can be an issue anywhere. Nasty but in my eyes neglectable. As long as you can be confident, that your car brings you always home. This makes up for a lot.

I'm driving VW Golf. Had II,III and V. My wife drives a VI. Except some rust issues at the visuals, there is very little to complain about. Ages up to 15 years are no big deal.

0 Kudos

I am a big VW golf fan - the new Golf R 

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

I own a 2006 Toyota Corolla that I barely drive, because I walk everywhere.  I've owned a Toyota Corolla since 1985.  I guess I trust the vehicle will work.  I hope it's the last car I own, since I like to walk everywhere.

0 Kudos

Fair enough. Some of my friends drive Toyotas. They have, in our parts, also a reputation of being relyable.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

I'm a Mustang person.  My current car is a Mustang Roush Stage 2 Convertible. So as you might guess I like my cars loud!

IMG_8666.JPG

My BMW friend lives his car passion. First he fixed his Delorean. This one looks great, but due to the odd weight balance(engine in the back) it is tricky to drive fast.

His next project is also a Mustang. He said he was reasonable and took only the 300hp version, not the 500. On some motorways you still can go quite fast. But most are traffic jammed these days. So a general speed limit isn't needed, any more.

0 Kudos

Yes i understand the pain of congestion. However here in the UK it is still possible to go for a spirited drive on occasion.

Deloreans are a very cool car, timeless - and because of the history I don't think they will ever die out.  

0 Kudos

very, very nice ! - Plan on taking our honeymoon in the states and the plan is to rent a nice Mustang to do it. What mods does it have -> I assuming bigger supercharger/turbo, cams, New map etc. ? 

My brother-in-law drove a 1968 mustang back in the day - this is how it looked: https://www.gaaclassiccars.com/vehicles/29670/1968-ford-mustang

0 Kudos

I LOVE your MUSTANG @thomas_jung 😍

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

VXLozano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Subaru Legacy Outback 2002

It's the last of what I call "true SUVs" (from my point of view, a SUV is a "normal" vehicle raised... now it's just a high ride vehicle that has no resemblance with the original).

If nothing goes wrong, it should be my last car, I plan to be burned over her.

A friend of mine took a picture of the event... If I must leave, I want to leave this way

el funeral epico vicenç_small.jpg
If I win the lottery, maybe I'll think about the new one, but the ones between the early 2000's and the last one are monsters I dislike a lot.

My favourite cars are the E-type (eagle, anyone?) and the 911 of the 90's

0 Kudos

Hopefully my love of modern 911's doesn't offend you too much ! 

Subaru is not a very popular car here. We have a lot of the RBZ but mostly the Toyota 86 Models. When I travel to Australia it always amazes me that ever 3rd car is a Subaru !

0 Kudos

I dislike the Impreza (but the ones in DIrally, that are lifted ones), RBZ and derived. I like utility vehicles more than sport.

By aesthetics, sport cars are nice, but useless in the real life (if you have a real life, not a rich guy's one).

No offense taken, you can love any 911. Any Porsche but the Cayenne and Maccan are fine.

PierreCol
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi all, I'm also a cars and motorbikes guy, with now 40 years history in nice vehicles as I'm 58 yo.

Regarding motorbikes, after having started with 2 Hondas in the 80s-90s of last century, I moved to Ducati almost 25 years ago: I had the chance to ride some of the most exciting sportsbikes from that italian brand, including 916, 998 S, Desmosedici RR, and now a Panigale 1299 R Final Edition:

1299RFESaint Clémentsous Valsonnedroite.jpg

I also love sports & vintage cars, and after a very cool 1967 Triumph TR4 roadster in the 90s, I went back to a cabriolet 10 years ago with a 1990 Porsche 911 Carrera 2: Yes, the same than in "Californication" but in better shape 😉

2021-08-13 16.46.00 recadré.jpg

I do not know how long I will be able to ride and drive them, essentially for environmental reasons as I live in a big European city, but every ride or drive is joyful.

former_member208
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I like big trucks and I can not lie! This is the most recent build we did for our favorite hobby, Overlanding 🙂

IMG-20211023-WA0002.jpg

0 Kudos

This is absolute amazing! 😍 I also would love to have such one but it wouldn't fit in our parking lot, I guess 🤣

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

former_member208
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

For Germany, it's MASSIVE! For the US, it's on the small side 😄 

0 Kudos

😂

My Daily Driver is a 2018 Jeep Wrangler 'Golden Eagle' edition. I have a 2.5" lift (with longer shocks) and 33" tires. This lifts the Jeep about 3.5" higher. It does not sound like much but it is when you get in and out of it! I have also upgraded the lights, the factory light are too dim. This is my 5th Jeep, I have had 2 Overlands and 2 Liberty's. I have taken all my Jeeps off-road but the Wrangler is the BEST by far!

DSCF0855 (2).jpg 

I usually have a car as well as a Jeep but right now I am without one. In the past I have owned a 1998 Audi S4, 2004 M3, and a  2006 Subaru. All three were registered and street legal, but also setup for solo racing. 

My dream car would be a Deep Blue Audi RS-6 Avant or a Dinan BMW M5

What headlights did you install? I have a 2014 Wrangler and was thinking about upgrading the headlights just the other day. Thanks!

I also have a 2014 Toyota Sequoia with 100K miles on it. Hoping to drive it another 100K - so far one of my favorite vehicles - bulletproof and drives great. Gas mileage is another topic 🙂

former_member208
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I was planning on putting these in (https://www.jwspeaker.com/products/led-headlights-model-8700-evo-2-db/) before my Jeep died. 😉

0 Kudos

Thanks. Those are super nice! Might wait for the annual bonus to roll in before purchasing!!😎

0 Kudos

I looked at those before I bought the Quadratec Stealth LED headlights and matching fog lights. The Quadratec were $330 for the headlights and $160 (USD) for the fog lights.

0 Kudos

Quadratec Stealth LED headlights and matching fog lights. The headlights were $330  and $160 (USD) for the fog lights. Very easy to install, though I did have to take the front grill cover off.

My next upgrade is LED tail lights, been waiting 6 months for them to re-stock and ship.

former_member208
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hey all,

I had a 2014 shorty JK Rubicon a while back. I loved working on it and playing in the mud with it...but it was all fun an games until it blew its engine while I was overlanding in Corsia. That was not very nice! Luckily, my husband and I were there with two vehicles, so I was able to make our planned ferry back to Italy. But the Ruby stayed on the island for two months until our (amazing) road side assistance put it on a tow truck and sent it all the way back to Germany. But the story ended sadly...total motor damage. 😞

IMG-20191201-WA0006.jpgPXL_20200711_133712767.jpgEFFECTS_small.jpg

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

uh, I thought I weren't into cars but when I see all these here... fascinating 😍

I love Mustang and big trucks but also the Jeeps are quite nice... but I wouldn't actually spend money on those. Maybe it's not so important for me ... but I have to admit that I am very happy that I just ordered my new company car 😁 (which will only arrive in July or August or so) and I am really looking forward to it 😊 

(Nothing fancy, it's a Peugeot 5008 😅