Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elizabeth and Charles

matt
Active Contributor

In common with many people, I've been somewhat saddened by the news of the death of Queen Elizabeth the 2nd. She's been my Queen all my life and I'll miss her. But now I've a King! And there's a new Princess of Wales.

The last 70 years have been referred to as the New Elizabethan Age. So what will King Charles' reign be known as. I believe I have the answer.

Charles 1 was the Caroline era. Charles 2 the Carolean era.
Will Charles 3 preside over the Carolyn era (in accordance with principles of organic chemistry*).
It could even be the Sweet Carolyne era if it's especially good.

*Single carbon bonds have the suffix -ane, double carbon bonds are -ene and triple are -yne. 
3 REPLIES 3

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am super impressed by the Royal family and the monarchy overall in the UK and that's definitely a very good question @matt - we'll see. 

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've watched a lot of proceedings on YouTube.  It is amazing how many keep saying "Prince Charles" instead of King Charles III

manfredKlein
Participant
0 Kudos

Sympathy and condolences from Coburg(Germany)...

Our noble houses are related.

Governments change but the royals are continuity. There may be dark times right now, but they will pass. Elizabeth II may not have been our queen in the direct sense, but we also valued her presence...