Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Running Day with SAP Community

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

GRD_generic banner.png

Global Running Day is a worldwide celebration of running that encourages people of all ages and abilities to get physically active. This day plays an important role, reminding us of the positives that running can offer and the power of unification (which is especially crucial for a community like ours).
Let’s leverage this day and run/walk together on #GlobalRunningDay to reflect upon the challenges we face and how we can make the world run better.

This year, Global Running Day will be held on Wednesday, June 7th, 2023. SAP Community is celebrating Global Running Day for the second time, have a read and find out more in this blog post. Everyone of you is welcome to join and if you don’t want to run - you can walk or cycle!

We are pleased to be supported by SAP Champion Phil Cooley this year again. He encourages the Melbourne community to run with him on June 7th in Melbourne. Find out more in his blog post!
Let us know whether you'll be joining him and RSVP here for the Melbourne event! (For those of you who are located in Melbourne, little spoiler alert: the latest location-based group for Melbourne just went live)! 

This post is particularly for our global community and for those who are not running in any of location-based communities physically, but also want to participate in Global Running Day! Surely, if you are in a part of the world for which city/area we don't yet have a location-based group, but you are eager and motivated to initiate your own for your local community, let us know via community@sap.com

On the day itself, we would welcome everyone posting your running activity as a reply to this discussion thread and share a photo / selfie, or screenshot of your running app with SAP Community using the hashtags #GlobalRunningDay and/or #SAPCommunity! Those that do (from June 3rd to June 11th (we allow a longer participation period)) will earn a badge showcasing their support for this initiative and to also recognise their contributions in the SAP Community.

This is what the badge looks like:

global-running-day-badge.png

SAP Community Global Running Day badge

Thanks for joining us and for your participation!

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.
78 REPLIES 78

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thanks for sharing @lenastodal , I am really looking forward to it and I would love to get the Global Running Day Badge 😃👟

I am only sorry, that we cannot run together this year - it was real fun last time 😊

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I will be running in Mannheim following the route along the Neckar river from last year, anyone joining? 🏃🏻‍ https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/sap-community/global-running-day-with-sap-community-mannheim/ec-...

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Let me know when and where exactly and I might be able to join you in Mannheim. Calendar is already blocked for a run, so why not coming to you and run together @Anaer ? 😊

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I really enjoyed it last year too!

Will be joining and running in Walldorf! 🙂

If anyone wants to join, please RSVP here: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/sap-community/global-running-day-with-sap-community-walldorf/ec-...

qmacro
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

I'll be running in Manchester, but because I'll be likely travelling and otherwise engaged that day, I'll be setting off early (that suits me anyway) and on my own. I'll definitely post pics here though ... although you'll all have to remind me to take my phone with me so I can snap some photos 📸 along the way! 

Abinathsiva
Active Contributor

Much needed one to encourage physical activities

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Finally, I started an initiative in Lampertheim, the city I live. Let me know if you want to join 😁

https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/sap-community/global-running-day-with-sap-community-lampertheim/...

ganesh123
Explorer

Nice!!

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Newtown Square group is in! #SAPCommunity #GlobalRunningDay

Make sure to subscribe to What's New!

qmacro
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Greetings earthlings! Just back from my run for Global Running Day. I took a short route along the Hollinwood Branch  and Fairbottom Branch canals (branches from the Ashton Canal), and took a few pictures. 

screenshot 2023-06-07 at 06.14.46.png

The Hollinwood Branch is unique among Britain's canals, because it included every type of canal feature, as well as some more unusual ones as well. Over this length these features were once to be found, features such as bridges, stone and also cast iron aqueducts, staircase locks, a tunnel, an overspill weir, a pumping engine and more.

This is at Sammy's Basin, where the Fairbottom Branch leads off the Hollinwood Branch. You can see the overspill weir on the right in the distance. 

PXL_20230607_043402621.jpg

This is along the Fairbottom Branch, where a lot of the canal itself has overgrown and is not in use.

PXL_20230607_043600262.jpg

Further down the Fairbottom Branch, before the tunnel under Bardsley Brew.

PXL_20230607_044011926.jpg

The (now neglected) staircase locks, locks 21 and 22.

PXL_20230607_044612751.jpg

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

It's looks beautiful @qmacro! Great place to run!

And I am so impressed, you are such a fast runner! Wow! 😍

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Very cool - Thank you, @qmacro! Feels like we were part of your run 🙂 

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

They are great photos @qmacro !!! 

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

pjcools
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amazing @qmacro , looks like a great run. I would have trouble focusing on the path given all the beauty around. Thanks for your support once again, awesome!!

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I will be running & from Munich, is in already :)! #SAPCommunity #GlobalRunningDay

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

2023-06-07_11-55-08.png

Well done @yogananda - great photo!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

pjcools
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well done @yogananda thanks for the support and great work! 

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Greetings from Walldorf! We were quite a funny bunch of people! 
#GlobalRunningDay #SAPCommunity

20230607_082108.jpg

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

😎 

such a nice picture 🔝😃

it shows how "fast" we were running! ;D

was a really nice start into the day ❤️ 

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

absolutely 😅

Wonderful to see so many joining the #GlobalRunningDay Initiative 💪

Cool pic @mynynachau !!!

pjcools
Active Contributor

Looks good @mynynachau - well it looks like you are all happy anyways 😁

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

On my path, firstly I got greeted by the "Kaiser", then by the "Lama": 

IMG_1075.jpgIMG_1078.jpg

Let's call him Heinz 😌

Happy #GlobalRunningDay everyone! 

Beautiful nature 😍 So nice to see where you live now!

Really cool you also joined the #GlobalRunningDay and I am sorry to see you were running alone... but at least you had Heinz 🐐 (sorry, could't find the right emoji 😅)

Such a nice scenery and hello Heinz! 😍

The scenery is gorgeous - you've moved to a really nice place!!!
(Not sure I'm happy with "Heinz" though ... what about LLena the LLama LLOL 😀).

pjcools
Active Contributor

That is amazing @lenastodal and great to see the #GlobalRunningDay expanded to the animal kingdom 😁, hopefully Heinz spreads the word for next year. Thanks for joining and your locations looks beautiful. 

KarthikCheers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Today, on Global Running Day, 130+  SAP Employees participated and experienced the joy of running at SAP Community Run organized by SAP Roadies, running interest group at SAP Labs India, Bangalore. Every participant received a cool finisher medal. Thank you SAP Community!
group_photo.jpg

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Sooooo cool! I love that you handed out medals and especially that you incorporated the badge image in it! 😍 Thank you all for taking part! 

Absolut amazing! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

I have no words! Bangalore community, you rock! 💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪

So great to see the community out there and the fantastic medals! Just wonderful! 😍

@KarthikCheers - that is so brilliant! Well done to all of you 😃.
Great #CommunitySpirit as well!!! Love it.

I'm blown away @KarthikCheers - this takes it to another level. Well done on organising this and for the medals as well. Great to see such a big SAP Community group come together for #GlobalRunningDay. Well done!! 👏

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

It was a great run with some Lampertheimer friends and SAP colleagues 😃

Thanks so much for joining Bruno, Christine @SebastianS and @former_member30262 😃🙏🏻 

IMG_8462.jpeg

IMG_9776.jpeg

43c52df8-feed-4f4a-8647-971f46702e5d.jpeg

IMG_8468.jpeg

Well done @sveabecker and friends! What are you drinking?!!!

Water, Limonade and beer & limonade (called Radler in German 😅)

It was just some refreshments after the run 😌