Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Running Day with SAP Community

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

GRD_generic banner.png

Global Running Day is a worldwide celebration of running that encourages people of all ages and abilities to get physically active. This day plays an important role, reminding us of the positives that running can offer and the power of unification (which is especially crucial for a community like ours).
Let’s leverage this day and run/walk together on #GlobalRunningDay to reflect upon the challenges we face and how we can make the world run better.

This year, Global Running Day will be held on Wednesday, June 7th, 2023. SAP Community is celebrating Global Running Day for the second time, have a read and find out more in this blog post. Everyone of you is welcome to join and if you don’t want to run - you can walk or cycle!

We are pleased to be supported by SAP Champion Phil Cooley this year again. He encourages the Melbourne community to run with him on June 7th in Melbourne. Find out more in his blog post!
Let us know whether you'll be joining him and RSVP here for the Melbourne event! (For those of you who are located in Melbourne, little spoiler alert: the latest location-based group for Melbourne just went live)! 

This post is particularly for our global community and for those who are not running in any of location-based communities physically, but also want to participate in Global Running Day! Surely, if you are in a part of the world for which city/area we don't yet have a location-based group, but you are eager and motivated to initiate your own for your local community, let us know via community@sap.com

On the day itself, we would welcome everyone posting your running activity as a reply to this discussion thread and share a photo / selfie, or screenshot of your running app with SAP Community using the hashtags #GlobalRunningDay and/or #SAPCommunity! Those that do (from June 3rd to June 11th (we allow a longer participation period)) will earn a badge showcasing their support for this initiative and to also recognise their contributions in the SAP Community.

This is what the badge looks like:

global-running-day-badge.png

SAP Community Global Running Day badge

Thanks for joining us and for your participation!

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.
78 REPLIES 78

Was fun ! Thank you @sveabecker for organizing 🙂

pjcools
Active Contributor

Well done @sveabecker looks like an awesome run as well. Beautiful area. Nice refreshments as well!! 

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

We had a blast running along the Neckar River in Mannheim, taking in the stunning sunset views and enjoying the fresh air. 🌤🏞🙌  Thanks for everyone who joined us and looking forward to running together soon!

Applaus to @lauraschmitz @camilacruz @annelie-r and other colleagues who motivated me to continue😁

beauty_1686163636998.jpegIMG_0451.jpgIMG_0469.JPG

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Really cool 👍🏻

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

It was such a nice track, thanks guys! Was great meeting you all! 😊

pjcools
Active Contributor

Awesome @Anaer thanks for joining the #GlobalRunningDay 👍

NTeunckens
Active Contributor

Hello #SAPCommunity

I did my #GlobalRunningDay today next to the waterfront in my neighbourhood (Flanders, Belgium). It's a nice area with little to no traffic (no cars, some bicycles, ...), following the local canal ...

GlobalRunningDay_2023_2.jpg

As you can see, you can continue straight for miles and miles, making it a real sufferfest for those inclined ...

I however, cut in and out of this trajectory by going into the side-tracks, that are either going through forested areas or living areas with few traffic ... perfect for strolling or pacing your walks and runs ...

GlobalRunningDay_2023_1.JPG

Hope you all had a good run!

Nic T.

pjcools
Active Contributor

Nice work @NTeunckens - wow - amazing scenery! Thanks for joining!! 

SugguSandeep
Active Participant

“Happy is the person who has acquired the love of walking for its own sake!”
- W.J. Holland

sandeepsuggu_0-1686205654837.png

sandeepsuggu_0-1686205731662.png

Thank You,
Suggu Sandeep

Love the quotation @SugguSandeep !! I love to walk and hillwalk and admire the scenery - so it struck a chord with me! So great to have all the different locations joining #GlobalRunningDay.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Well done @SugguSandeep - thanks for joining!!

nicoschoenteich
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Hi everyone!

I took my standard route around the Alster in Hamburg. I haven't been very active lately so definitely had to work to keep the pace below 5 min per km 🥵

I don't run run with my phone - so no pictures unfortunately, but I promise I was wearing SAP socks 🧦🏃🏻‍♂️

IMG_7488.PNG

Well done @nicoschoenteich - great pace as well! 

tamasszirtes
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I took one of my usual routes in the neighborhood of Utrecht, the Netherlands.WhatsApp Image 2023-06-08 at 10.38.01.jpeg

Often there are ducks and swans, but unfortunately not today. We could use AI to add the animals 😉

Cheers

Tamas

Beautiful @Former Member - thanks for joining!! 

Nicolas_Boucaud
Explorer

Hi everyone,

from Paris we enjoyed a lot this first Global Running Day event. It was a really nice session filled with energy and excitement! 👟🎽

We embarked on a memorable run towards the iconic Stade de France. A breathtaking scenery for sure!
The sun was shining, and the weather was beautiful, but boy, was it hot! The heat added an extra layer of challenge to our run ah ah.

📸😊

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-08 at 10.06.51.jpeg

Nicolas_Boucaud_1-1686226237724.png

Nicolas_Boucaud_0-1686226196778.png

Kudos to all the participants who joined in.

I hope you all had a great run!

#GlobalRunningDay

Well done @Nicolas_Boucaud & friends! Cool view of the stadium, are you a rugby fan?! It was warm in Ireland too for #GlobalRunningDay - but not as hot as Paris I'm sure.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Thanks @Katherine_K ! To be fair while I appreciate rugby, I'm more of a running enthusiast. 😊 Glad ro read that you also had a sunny running session in Ireland. Water bottle definitely was not an option!

Awesome initiative SAP Community 👏, 1st time for us in Paris to be part of this #GlobalRunningDay
Next year, be prepared fellows, the track will be near the eiffel tower !

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Looking forward to seeing your Running Day pictures with the Eiffel Tower next year!

Thanks @Nicolas_Boucaud - yes it looks beautiful and sunny there. Kudos to your group that stuck it out. Well done!! 

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Hello from York, PA, USA!   Its a little smokey around these parts due to wildfires in Canada, but ran outside anyway.  Just a short one for me today as it is my last run before race day.  Nice and easy....  there's not too many things better than the training taper.  🙂

Congrats to all who got out there and got it done!   #GlobalRunningDay

RichHeilman_0-1686234180506.png

Cheers,

Rich

Well done @RichHeilman for running in the smokey environment - and best of luck for race day - wow!!

pjcools
Active Contributor

Well done @RichHeilman not easy to run in smoky conditions!! Hope you go well for Race day! 

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where are my weekend runners at? I couldn't join #NationalRunningDay on the 7th, but the #SAPCommunity event runs through the 11th (no pun intended) -- so I decided to spend my Saturday morning earning my badge! I ran at my favorite community park...and even had some local company for part of the journey. 

In short, if you haven't participated yet, there's still time. Get out and run (or walk and bike) before Monday, share your pics with the #SAPCommunity and #GlobalRunningDay hashtags, and get your badge!

trail1.jpgdeer1.jpg

Make sure to subscribe to What's New!

pjcools
Active Contributor

Nice one @jerryjanda - well done!!!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

My Global Running Day experience was unique this year. I was away on vacation with my family doing a cruise. But Wednesday was Castaway Cay Island day and Disney does a 5k in the morning right after you dock at the island. 

5k Starting Line5k Starting Line

Map of the 5k route in YellowMap of the 5k route in Yellow

I made a new friend along the routeI made a new friend along the route

Half way point - that ship sure looks far awayHalf way point - that ship sure looks far away

The observation tower provides a great view and is worth the stop 1/2 way through the runThe observation tower provides a great view and is worth the stop 1/2 way through the run

Finish lineFinish line

Completion MedalCompletion Medal

#GlobalRunningDay 

pjcools
Active Contributor

That is amazing @thomas_jung what a great way to get a 5K run in and earn a nice little badge as well. Love it and thanks for participating while on vacation!! 

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

I did an early morning walk on June 7 - you can see the haze of the moon.moon.jpg

pjcools
Active Contributor

Nice one @TammyPowlas - thanks for participating!! 

Sandra_Solis
Participant

Hi SAP Community !!!  I want to share my #GlobalRunningDay  jogged 7 km in one of the biggest park in the city I live.

Screenshot_20230610_222956_com.huawei.health_edit_1721855263919551.jpg

I started motivated 🥰

IMG_20230610_121721.jpg    

A pic of the view ...

IMG_20230610_125717.jpg

I stoped for water many times, lol

IMG_20230610_124623.jpg

finally, I ended, tired and sweaty. 

IMG_20230610_132105.jpg

Now I can go home to rest. 😅

IMG_20230610_132510.jpg

PS: I don't go running or jogging often, because I have rhinitis and after jogging, with the dust and air I get allergies, and all day I am crying and sneezing, LOL. But I did it just for the challenge 😄

IMG_20230610_145235.jpg  IMG_20230610_145241.jpg

  Thanks for reading 🤗

  

Well done @Sandra_Solis - hope you are ok after that!! Thanks for joining in the #GlobalRunningDay

Thank you !! I am fine now, it was worth being sick 1 day for the badge 🥳🥳

AB
Contributor

Whilst Mr @PhilCooley was running one side of the city of Melbourne, I was doing my bit on the other. #GlobalRunningDay    A photo of the wonderful Royal Park within 3 kilometres of the centre of Melbourne.

D023604_0-1686453284942.jpeg

57EC3970-7A86-4B85-A166-D0FD2087DDBF.png

pjcools
Active Contributor

Nice one @Former Member thanks for joining in the #SAPYarningCircle as well, was great to see you and catch up! 

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone!

Thanks to the  #GlobalRunningDay challenge I got motivation to run after a couple of months I haven't!

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-11 at 12.52.31.jpeg

I took the picture yesterday in my 6KM running course. I really enjoyed it. Because I didn't run for a while I mixed and this morning I ran again:).

Have a great week you all,

Moshe

pjcools
Active Contributor

Nice one @moshenaveh - well done!! 

pjcools
Active Contributor

Beautiful morning in sunny Melbourne this year, no rain in sight 😁 and was great getting out for #GlobalRunningDay. Some pics to share.

Pillars of WisdomPillars of WisdomBeautiful skylineBeautiful skylineSun is just risingSun is just risingMelbourne waking upMelbourne waking up

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

THANK YOU everyone for running with us on Global Running Day! 

You should all have your digital badge displayed in your people.sap.com profile; in case anyone is missing, please reach out to me. 

lenastodal_0-1686757418885.png
Cheers and keep running 🏃🏽‍♀️ 

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.