Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minecraft - Any players?

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just out of curiosity and not at all because I have something cooking up but are there any Minecraft players (Java edition) around?

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 18.44.59 copy.png

17 REPLIES 17

srinivasankh
Contributor

I don’t play Minecraft, but I wish I could do that, but my 6 year old son plays a lot with Minecraft education edition, though he seems addicted but not beyond the limits. He learns a lot from that edition. 

0 Kudos

And is there a reason you do not play?

I know it may sound like a lame excuse, I don’t have enough time (dad of two). But I am going to explore on that education editor of Minecraft they have Python too 

I actually use my kids as the excuse to play 😉 It's something we do together.

You need a excuse to play? My wife has 2 kids(7 + 46) and 2 cats(1 + unknown).

Know Minecraft right from the beginning.

My son likes watching. Let's see when we play together.

Edit July-2022: We had a sneezing weekend. Best time for some father-son-minecraft. We made housings, dug tunnels, found diamonds, watered plants, planted trees and herded some animals. Every morning it is fun to see the critters burn through the windows of our house...

Cool that You brought this topic up 👍.

StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Are kids invited to this group discussion?😁

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

fl
Discoverer

Sure! It's Java or dunk'em in lava, as I heard my key users say the last time choice of platform was discussed (the visiting niece brought her iPad with what they call MInecraft there Bedrock edition, ahem). It took a couple of hours to satisfy the end users, but it all worked out thanks to this: https://github.com/GeyserMC

I've been playing Minecraft since the lockdown. 
Do you play on your personal server ? Or on online server ? 🙂

0 Kudos

You can join the online server if you like Community SMP Minecraft Server

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

Monday if anyone is curious and waiting 😉 Monday!

For anyone wanting to join, Community SMP Minecraft Server I even did a live stream yesterday and this morning 🙂

0 Kudos

I'm doing live streams and we've added the first player already 🙂 the other one we need to get the Java Minecraft name instead of the Bedrock one. Hope others will want to join as well. (Live stream not required of course)

0 Kudos

Something related to Bedrock? Jabadabadoo?

0 Kudos

This server is Java based, running Fabric 1.18.2

johna69
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We play minecraft and host an SMP on an old Mac Pro. The kids like to throw out my hard word and restart every major update.

0 Kudos

Mine always wanted to but I usually overruled with a upgrade with the same world lol

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is just absolutely cool! https://buildtheearth.net a 1:1 recreation of Earth in Minecraft??!?!?!