Even though Christmas is supposed to be a quiet, out-of-the-work period, I could not get this idea from my head - to develop a simple, open source PLC simulator for SAP EWM MFS. It has been bugging me for quite some time and the project finally took shape during the Christmas holiday.
Here it is - copyleft, opensource, platform independent PLC emulator
The application features:
- RFC to TCP/IP bridge that supports SAP Plant Connectivity-like communication
- Optional automatic telegram acknowledgment with handshake response
- Optional LIFE telegrams filtering
- Multiple communication channels
- Structural display of telegrams with dynamic determination of the telegram structure from SAP data dictionary
- Direct TCP/IP (ABAP Push Channel) and SAP Plant Connectivity PLC communication layers
- Configurable handshake request and response indicators
- Configurable telegram structure
- Configurable switching of sender and receiver fields in handshake response telegrams
- Configurable telegrams logs styling based on telegram types and handshake indicators
- Logging implemented with Apache log4j2 library
The project is still in its infancy, so any contributors are most welcomed.
The project would not have been possible without:
I would like to express my deepest gratitude to them.