Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Are notifications from Coffee Corner Discussions planned to show up in ones' inbox?

BaerbelWinkler
Active Contributor

Hi Everybody and happy new year!

I'm wondering if there's an option to get notifications from the Groups disucssions in ones' inbox and/or the activity stream? For me it would for example be helpful to see such a prompt when a new discussion in one of the groups I'm subscribed to were to show up in either of these places. Otherwise I'm likely going to miss it or come to it late. Likewise for any notifications on my own content in Groups which currently only show up within Groups via the bell icon at the top. I didn't see anything obvious in the big list of notification options in the groups' settings.

Cheers

Bärbel

3 REPLIES 3

DellSC
Active Contributor

They're not available in the inbox or activity stream, but you can set up your profile so that you get emailed when there are updates.  

-Dell

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, what @DellSC said. There are no plans to connect the Groups notifications back to the main community inbox and activity stream. For the Groups, I recommend doing what Dell already suggested: setting up email notifications. That's why I did, and I don't miss out anything new in the Groups.

You can do that at https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions:notification-settings.

--Jerry

Make sure to subscribe to What's New!

BaerbelWinkler
Active Contributor

Thanks, Dell & Jerry!

As you can tell by my rather late response (sorry!), I didn't see your replies until today when I remembered to check Groups again. I ticked some of the notification boxes - so many to choose from! - and will see how many additional emails those generate.

Cheers

Bärbel