Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip to USA east coast

david_ruizb
Contributor

Hi

Currently planning with my family, our summer holidays (July) to USA east coast (first time there).

Mainly, we would like to visit NY, Philadelphia, Niagara and Chicago.

I would like to request you any suggestion to visit there, what we could not miss, transfer and accomodation suggestions, how many days in each point, .... any tip that could help will be more than welcome!

Thanks a lot in advance SAP Community!

Best

4 REPLIES 4

BrendanFarthing
Participant

Hi David,

I'm not an American or a local to the US East Coast, but I was wondering what advice ChatGPT may have. So I input your question exactly as you wrote it into ChatGPT and got this response:

-----------------------------

Sounds like a great trip you have planned! Here are some suggestions and tips to help you make the most of your time in the USA East Coast:

1. New York City:

• You could spend at least 4-5 days in New York City to see all the iconic sights such as the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Times Square, Empire State Building, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
  • If you're interested in the performing arts, catch a Broadway show, or explore the theater district.
  • Don't forget to indulge in some of the city's famous cuisine, such as pizza, bagels, and hot dogs.
  • For accommodation, there are many options for hotels, Airbnb, or vacation rentals. Depending on your budget, you may want to stay in or near the city center.

2. Philadelphia:

• You could spend 2-3 days in Philadelphia, which is home to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, where the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution were signed.
  • Other notable sites include the Reading Terminal Market, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and the Franklin Institute.
  • For accommodation, there are several options, including hotels and Airbnb rentals.

3. Niagara Falls:

• You could spend 1-2 days in Niagara Falls to see the breathtaking waterfalls.
  • Don't miss the Maid of the Mist boat tour or the Cave of the Winds experience.
  • There are several hotels near the falls, some with stunning views of the falls.

4. Chicago:

• You could spend 3-4 days in Chicago to explore the city's iconic architecture, such as the Willis Tower and the John Hancock Center.
  • Don't miss Navy Pier, Millennium Park, and the Art Institute of Chicago.
  • For accommodation, there are many options for hotels, Airbnb, or vacation rentals. Depending on your budget, you may want to stay in or near the city center.

5. Transportation:

• Consider renting a car to explore each city, but be aware of traffic and parking limitations.
  • Alternatively, public transportation such as subways, buses, and trains are readily available in each city.
  • Flying between cities is also an option, with several major airports in each city.

6. General Tips:

• Plan ahead and book accommodations and tickets for attractions in advance.
  • Be prepared for crowds, especially in popular tourist spots.
  • Bring comfortable shoes, as there will be a lot of walking involved.
  • Be aware of the weather and pack accordingly, as the East Coast can be quite hot and humid during the summer months.

I hope these tips and suggestions help you plan an enjoyable and memorable trip to the USA East Coast!

-----------------------------

I wonder how that may differ to a real local's suggestions? Have a great trip when the time comes!

Regards,

Brendan.

david_ruizb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @BrendanFarthing sounds very good! Thanks a lot for your feedback!

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

You should definitely check out the Newtown Square group for Philly questions 🙂 folks like @jerryjanda I'm sure would have great suggestions!

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

For a first time trip to Chicago, visit the magnificent mile https://www.themagnificentmile.com/

For NYC, if you are staying in Manhattan, I always enjoy walking Madison Avenue.  If you are short on time you could look at tour buses - https://www.topviewnyc.com/ I did these in both NYC and London and enjoyed it.

I have been to Philadelphia multiple times but will defer to the experts.

I have never been to Niagara - enjoy!