Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your Favorite Holiday Movie?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

I know some will say Die Hard, It's a Wonderful Life, or maybe you're like my brother and love Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation...but for me it is...

D

R

U

M

R

O

L

L

White Christmas with Bing Crosby.  The singing, the dancing, the outfits, Rosemary Clooney.  The dance sequence with Danny Kaye and Vera-Ellen is amazing.

9 REPLIES 9

mmcisme1
Active Contributor

I plead the 5th let's just say I love horror movies.  Yes, both Christmas (for me) and Halloween seem to come out with some interesting ones.

And for a nice one in case you think I'm too strange:
Is There a Santa Claus? or Yes, Virginia there really is a Santa Claus

Then of course

Here comes Santa Claus

OK - So I do like "normal" Christmas movies, too😎

Here I was expecting Krampus or something like that but then again @jerryjanda might not have seen the thread yet lol

Krampus? What's that? 😉

krampus.jpg
The Janda boys, rockin' their new Krampus shirts

If you want a good Krampus-related tale, I highly recommend "The Devil of Christmas" (season 3, episode 1 of Inside No. 9. ) It's one of the most unsettling things I've ever seen. To say more would risk spoilers, so I'll leave it at that.

As far as Christmas horror films go, the original Black Christmas remains my favorite. It came out 4 years before Halloween, and it deserves all of the accolades heaped on that John Carpenter film -- and it's even possible Carpenter drew some inspiration from Black Christmas. (Fun fact: Black Christmas was directed by Bob Clark, who would also go on to direct A Christmas Story, a holiday classic that plays for 24 hours straight in the United States -- starting at 8pm on Christmas Eve and ending at 8pm on Christmas Day.)

In terms of pure camp, I make sure to watch A Very Brady Christmas and MST3K: Santa Claus* (season 5, episode 21) every season, as well as all the television classics I watched in my youth (A Charlie Brown Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, A Year Without a Santa Claus). 

* Another fun fact: When I was a child, my mom took me to the movies to see this Santa Claus film -- having no idea that it was an insanely dubbed Mexican movie in which the Devil tries to thwart Santa's plans to bring Christmas cheer to the Earth. Perhaps that explains why I am the way I am. 🙂

Make sure to subscribe to What's New!

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I have to admit I love all these typical American Christmas Movies, especially those in New York with snow, Christmas decorations all over the place, and lights, hundreds of lights! 😍
That reminds me of my last visit there in December 2018 ... it was so beautiful.

So I suppose, it's actually movies which send me into a different world, a happy one with lots of glitter 🌟😊😅

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

matt
Active Contributor

Planes, trains and automobiles.

I cry every time. 

Brian-Mboya
Participant

My favorite Christmas Movies are

- The Holiday

- Love, Actually

and favorite Christmas Animation Movie is - Klaus

0 Kudos

Someone gave me a DVD for Love, Actually but I haven't taken the time to see it!

Henrik1
Participant

For me, it's A Christmas Story
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085334/
We watch it together every year. So many fantastic lines!

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

In the US, one of the cable channels would host a 24 hour marathon of A Christmas Story.  I quote from it from time to time - "I double dog dare you, I triple dog dare you".   The line never works for me.