Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the F? thoughts after a come back (Half a rant)

VXLozano
Active Contributor

So, I returned from a long vacation from here, and I'm lost.

Now I'm galactic something, uh?

My profiles here and in the answers ... (site? section?) are different, but although in my people's content section I can see my posts in the CC, clicking them just leads me to this group initial screen (UNLOGGED). And the post I was seeking for is not here anymore (?).

I'm pretty sure those things have been explained, they have their logical reasons to be, and to fix and/or to clean everybody's profile will be a hard work to do (with no real benefits). But my feel is like "oh, man, this is a mess". Something I can expect from a small company's site (or a bigger but broken one), but not from the mighty SAP.

I know, I know, I'm not a "customer", I'm just a guest. And I know that as a guest I have no right to ask for expensive things (I have no rights, really). But dudes...

I'll try, but up to today, I don't feel at home here. Crap, I don't even feel myself comfortable with the new layout, the content and other things.

So I guess I'll stay for a bit, looking weirdly around, and I'll use the first plausible excuse to leave the party, go home and do not come back for a long time (again).

No hard feelings. I was trying to decide if this post is necessary, and, although I decided it's not, maybe it'd be useful for the people who invest all these efforts here to know how "outsiders" feel. So here it is.

Apologies if I seemed rude, it was not my intention.

3 REPLIES 3

matt
Active Contributor

As soon as I saw the subject of this post, I knew it was the legendary Mr Lozano.

Good to hear from you again.

VXLozano
Active Contributor

I'm trying to locate some old conversations about ABAP OO, TDD, best practices and those things we had in the corner (I guess). All my "dashboard" content leads me to the initial screen of the corner, but those conversations are there no more.

Or "there" is not "there" anymore.

So, where is the old Coffee Corner content?

Please?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor

Pretty much ./signed everything you wrote.

>>So, where is the old Coffee Corner content?

#LostInMigration (probably).

EDIT: Found some of my old content via Google. Apparently the old coffee corner stuff has been dumped as tagless (nontagged) questions in answers.sap.com. So, that content is basically trapped in the twisting nether or like furniture from your evicted home which is now somewhere (in the world) while you now live in a shiny new house which you didn't ask for (I like that analogy better, I think) :´)

Was tempted to call myself AngryLegoMan when prompted by the new Profile(Account? Where did SSO go?), but gave in to reason at the last second.

Im excited to see whether I'm in the Galactic Club too. EDIT: Apparently not <.<

P.S. Rubarb Kodus if helpful! *smirk*