Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You know it's almost time for the holidays when...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

for me, when I start crocheting these:

These are holiday wreathsThese are holiday wreaths

What about you?

35 REPLIES 35

StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

They are very pretty.

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

DellSC
Active Contributor

Too cute!

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

For me, it's when I get to make cookies usually only around this time of the year and can share with family & friends. These are matcha green-tea cookies with brown sugar and salt sprinkled on top. 

2021-12-02_14-43-17.png

Those look scrumptious!

Thank you 🙂

they are actually even a bit greener in reality

I'm ready to visit, Mynyna!  They look fantastic!

0 Kudos

Now, this looks absolutely yummy..! 🙂

So do I send you my address? Or how do we distribute these 😉 I‘m so craving cookies now hmmm

They are all gone now! I had to zoom in for the picture - that's all the cookies I had to show only after I had already eaten quite a few right after they came from the oven.... 

Wow, they look perfect. 😍

These are some of those I baked with my kids... 'standard' butter cookies 🍪

cookies1.jpgcookies2.jpg

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Uuhhh, standard butter cookies are actually the best! These look yum! 

I actually enjoy eating cookies more than making them. I think it's because in the past we used to do too many cookies! 😄

Do you know the tiring feeling when the making process is never ending because you always have that rest of dough from from each batch so you try to fit the cookie forms so close next to each other so there's less of a rest to deal with again?

That's why I actually ended up making these round shaped ones 😄 

I absolutely know what you mean! I hate it! 😂

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Bernhard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

This is being shared again 😌

SantaRunsSAP.jpg

Brian-Mboya
Participant

As the Christmas mood and season kicks in, here in Kenya, Africa, I look forward to relaxing times in the African Savana grasslands, and take some SAP Flags with me for nice photos 🙂African Savanna grasslandsAfrican Savanna grasslands

This is a stunning view - so peaceful! Is this a recent picture you took? 

I agree with you - the view is really stunning - absolutely relaxing and peaceful. This was last year 2020. I look forward to taking some more African Savanna photos this Christmas season and will gladly share the same with you. How's your holiday season coming up?

Sounds great! Looking forward to more photos.

Holiday season is not coming up fast enough 😄 But I will try to find some nice spots to reflect on the past year and looking forward to what 2022 will bring 🙂

LOL - I absolutely agree with you - Holiday season is not coming up fast enough 🙂 - I can barely hear any Christmas Carols as yet, next week should be more like it.

Nice..! Please do find yourself some nice spots to reflect on the past year and we all certainly look forward to a really better, robust and productive 2022 🙂

matt
Active Contributor

I know it is when the Christmas Markets open, selling mulled wine (with a shot), and hot street food like garlic bread (dripping with butter and garlic). 

I know it is when the local Anglican church has its annual bazaar, and my wife goes hunting for Christmas card and UK specialities.

I know it is when I spend the weekend at a theatre getting ready for the performances starting this Wednesday (www.baselpanto.org).

matt
Active Contributor

If the performances happen. We've had to cancel the dress rehearsal, as a cast member tested positive for covid, necessitating all cast and crew be tested. If they're all negative, then we can open the show tomorrow. Otherwise, the whole thing must be cancelled.

I feel sorry for the poor young lady in the cast who tested positive. 

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fingers crossed!!

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sadly, postponed until Easter. We had other cast members test positive. Oh well. 

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Sorry to hear that, best wishes to all the cast though!

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All asymptomatic, which is good.

BaerbelWinkler
Active Contributor

...when next year's calendar has been assembled and ordered to send to family and friends! Next year's edition features impressions from our vacation in northern Germany:

Kalender-2022-Beschreibung.jpg

Absolutely Lovely..!

Beautiful 😍

StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tis the season when you see handmade &Ornament1.jpg beautiful ornaments on display.

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

0 Kudos

Wow..! Neat. Perfectly lovely.

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

When you get out hte decorations, the tree (yes mine is 12 years old - not sure that classifies as sustainable or not? I do go through charities each year to plant a new tree even though mine comes from a box) and then wrapping presents (or in this case putting them into bags, some of which are several years old now) and of course asking my music streaming service to play “Rock Christmas” lol

91848102-04DE-41A7-B9BC-3CD0DF385383.jpeg

As soon as I am back on my feet and able I’ll be heading to the workshop for some new Holiday themed jewelry making 🙂

Brian-Mboya
Participant
0 Kudos

Wow - This certainly looks lovely - Custom made and just right..! 🙂

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

When I start using this cup for me tea 😅

xmas-cup.jpg

Nice..! I have a similar cup, just a little bigger in size and one large Christmas tree printed on it - i should bring this out now 🙂

DellSC
Active Contributor

Unfortunately, I know it's this time of year because my MIL (who's 86 and lives with us) is b&*chier than usual and trying to start trouble with my husband and stepson.  😠

The good part of this time of year is buying presents for my grandkids and spending time with them!

patelyogesh
Active Contributor

When the tree is up and the gifts are under the tree, this is my favourite time of year.

tree.jpg