Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Learner in SAP ABAP

Sattumac
Explorer

Trying to develop something in sap. I am having a proper development experience but sap is new for me and it's now a challenging task for me to get adapt in it.

6 REPLIES 6

abo
Active Contributor

Hello and welcome!

If you don't have yet access to a real system, I suggest that you download one of the two free demos, either HANA1909 or the slightly older AS ABAP 7.52SP04. From your perspective, they're basically the same: if you're in a hurry and your PC has plenty of memory (way more than 16GB), then go with the HANA docker image as it is simpler to use, otherwise you'll have to install a Linux distribution and then setup the other demo.

If you then have more questions, I suggest that you post them in the Community with the appropriate tag

Groups are a bit new and more suited to informal themes (origami, cars, and so on).

Have fun!

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

If go with the docker, check out Mamikee Kanneh's 2-part (so far) series on getting started with ABAP:

I also thought this video was invaluable for getting started: SAP ABAP Platform 1909 Developer Edition Installation with HANA DB on your home computer for free. 

--------------
See all my blogs and connect with me on Twitter / LinkedIn

MattthiasWild
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello,

Have a look at these free training opportunities:

Sattumac
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks..  all,

but I am exploring SAP R/3. I wil try to get known about these🤗

abo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since R3 is the older world, you can use any of the options available.

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

I'm going to lock this thread, as these types of questions are better suited to SAP Community itself. Please learn more at https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers.

Make sure to subscribe to What's New!