cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4C Report How to get blank instead of "Not assigned" for characteristic

chrigu1
Participant

Hi experts,

I would like to create a report with characteristics of type dropdown. If no value was selected for these fields, the report shows the string "Not assigned". I have searched all over but have not found any way to change this behaviour and get the report to output a blank.

Does anyone know if there is a way to configure a report to output blanks instead of "Not assigned" (or # for that matter)?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chrigu1
Participant
0 Kudos

I have now added an improvement request for this topic: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/241166

Please feel free to leave your vote!

Regards Christopher.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

This is the system behaiviour . in a report or data source if there is no value maintain in master data it show as # or not assigned . you can not change it with other value

Thank you

Jalil

0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,
technically there is a difference between blank and "# - not assigned". So I do not think you should replace it with blank.

Best regards

Marlene

catalin_duta
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Marlene,

I have the same question Christopher has raised: how to configure the report to output blanks instead of # (or not assigned).

How to do that?

Thank you!

chrigu1
Participant

Hi Catalin,

I have not found an answer to this question other than Marlene's suggestion not to replace it. The fact is, that business users prefer to see an empty cell. Also visually it is much more clear to identify an empty cell (e.g. in Excel) instead of "Not Assigned".

Regards Christopher.