cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check the external errors in datahub?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have pushed a record from datahub backoffice using quick upload and i have found few external errors in the backoffice screen and i dont find any error in the datahub log or hybris log.Could someone help me how to trace the errors?

Note: The record has been inserted into database successfully.

NSERT_UPDATE CategoryProductRelation;;target(code,catalogVersion(catalog(id),version))[unique=true];source(code,catalogVersion(catalog(id),version))[unique=true] ;1;testing1231:ProductCatalog:Staged;ACSA2373B1404A5286:ProductCatalog:Staged ########################## ########################## #############################

Impex has been created in the following way.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Slava
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can see them in the backoffice.

While you're switched to the DataHub perspective already. Choose Errors & Failures -> Publication menu on the left. The errors you see are the external errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am not able to understand the publication errors from datahub perpective screen. Please help me on this.

Thanks,

G Gopinath.

Slava
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Gopinath,

Looks like in your case the target system did not provide meaningful messages about the errors encountered. So, I can't really help you. What is your target system? Is it hybris ECP or SAP ERP? The developers of the the target system adapter/target system integration should have reported meaningful messages explaining what problem happened while importing that specific item. .

Former Member
0 Kudos

My targetsystem is hybris ECP.

Slava
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Is it datahub-adapter or something else. Datahub-adapter provides errors back. It's possible sometimes it cannot identify the problem exactly and then it reports unknown_error but not not_provided.

If it's hybris target system, then I would advise to check the logs, perhaps you can find the error messages. Search by the integration key.

Slava
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The mystery is solved. There used to be a bug in datahub-adapter. See ticket https://jira.hybris.com/browse/TYF-8575

It's fixed in the latest patches for 6.7 and 1808 release, so just apply the latest patch to see the errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am not able to access the jira ticket.

Thanks, G Gopinath.

Slava
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Here is a link to the corresponding ECP ticket: https://jira.hybris.com/browse/ECP-2967 Maybe you can access this one. If you can't essentially you need to know this bug is fixed in datahub-adapter and is available in the latest 6.7 and 1808 patches. Just patch upgrade your deployment to see that publication started reporting the errors correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

we have written the following condition in the target.xml for the export code tag:

<exportCode expression="true">#root.getField('deletedFlag') == 'false' ? 'PIMDocumentTypeEnum':''</exportCode>

So when ever the deleteFlag is true or null , the impex wont be generated. Does it causing external errors ?

Thanks, G Gopinath.

Slava
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I can't answer your question without understanding how exactly that modeling is done. Normally deleteFlag on RawItem is never exposed as attribute. It gets converted to CompositionStatusType.DELETED value of the CanonicalItem.getStatus() value. So, DELETED CanonicalItems are transformed into DELETE impex blocks during publications, instead of INSERT_UPDATE for normal CompositionStatusType.SUCCESS status.

You tried to model something an from that fragment you included it's not clear what exactly it's modeled and what's the purpose of it. If that attribute is mapped to an attribute that does not exist in the platform, you will get external error. If that attribute exists in the platform type, then external error is possible, if that attribute has invalid value.

If you simply don't want to publish deleted items, It's easier to do by creating a PublicationGroupingHandler that excludes all CanonicalItems with CompositionStatusType.DELETED status.