cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually enhance BUPA with new fields (no EEWB)

OlgenH
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

on previous projects I've done enhancements to the BUPA object using EEWB and AET, but recently I had to enhance it on CRM 4.0 and I couldn't use the EEWB because the existing custom fields were added directly to the CI_EEW_BUT000 structure (without using the EEWB) and I would probably end up deleting the previous custom fields if I use the EEWB.

I added the new field to the CI_EEW_BUT000 and all the dependent structures were activated correctly, I was also able to add the new field to the BP transaction and change/modify  the value.

The problem is that I'm not able to change/set the field content using the BOL (field attribute is "changable" though). I guess the problem is that by not using the EEWB to generate it all some SET_ method of the underlying DB API has not been created.

Could you please give some insight on how to handle this, I'm really stuck and can't think of any possible solutions.

Thanks,

Olgen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Olgen,

Don't know if it this may be the reason, but have you also enhanced structure CI_EEW_BUT000_X with the new field flag?

If yes, since you talked in BOL model, I believe you're trying to add the new field in the Interaction Center Webclient application. Can you tell me in which view you're trying to add this new field?

Kind regards,

Garcia

OlgenH
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

thanks for your reply, actually the new field is missing from the CI_EEW_BUT000_X, there are only some z-fields previously added using EEWB. Can I enhance it manually the same way as CI_EEW_BUT000?

And yes I have to add the new field on ICWC in custom view BuPaMoreCustomerView.

Best,

Olgen

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Olgen,

Yes, you can enhance CI_EEW_BUT000_X the same way than CI_EEW_BUT000. Just ensure that the new field name is the same on both.

Concerning the view change, I remember that when I need to add a new field on the view, I had to enhance the respective context node to create the 4 standard methods for the new field. GET_YOURFIELDNAME, SET_YOURFIELDNAME, GET_I_YOURFIELDNAME, GET_M_YOURFIELDNAME.

By consulting CRM_IC/BuPaMoreCustomerView, the context node seems to be Customer one (class CL_CRM_IC_BUPAMORECUSTOME_CN00).

If you already did this, if you set a breakpoint at the method SET_YOURFIELDNAME, did you see any error or exception occurring?

Kind regards,

Garcia

OlgenH
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

adding the new field on CI_EEW_BUT000_X solved the problem.

Thanks again for your help,

Best,

Olgen

Answers (0)