Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range Question in CRM

vinayak1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a question on number  ranges in CRM .

We have a scenario where Internal Number Range is set between : 400000-500000

And External Number  Range as :  370000-399999

Now if the external number range have been already consumed with say with 100 Orders , can we change the external number range ? Or how do I make sure that the external number  range is consumed ( as I dont see current number in external number range )

Please do let me know your thoughts on the same

Regards

Vinayak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

Now if the external number range have been already consumed with say with 100 Orders , can we change the external number range ? Or how do I make sure that the external number  range is consumed ( as I dont see current number in external number range )

You don't have a specific way to check if your external number range has been completely consumed. One way is to do an exhaustive search of used IDs within the external number range.

And External Number  Range as :  370000-399999

How did you say that this number range is consumed with 100 Orders?

Or how do I make sure that the external number  range is consumed ( as I dont see current number in external number range )

If you are manually entering the external number range, then it is the user's responsibility to use the number range bandwidth in the best possible way. Otherwise if you download/import data from an external system, then the external number range should be exactly the internal number range in the external system from which the data is pulled. That way, the external number range bandwidth is not lost.

Thanks & Best Regards

Leon

vinayak1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Leon

Thanks for the revert .

Sorry about not so clear on the previous question .

Here is the clarification:

We have an external number range (Z1) , which is assigned to transaction type and currently I can see range as 0040000000-0040169999 and I could see there are arnd 600 Orders already been created with this number range . Now requirement is to change this Number range 00300000000-340000000

now the question is if we create a new range Z4 with  00300000000-340000000 and assign to the transction type what will happen to the Old Orders with Z1 range as it is no longer linked to transaction type ?

Thanks

Vinayak

0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

In case you want to change the external number range, then you will have to sync the internal number range in the system from which you import data into this system. I would suggest you to consider the option of extending the number range(0040000000-0040169999) rather than going to a completely new one. In both cases, the number ranges are to be synched in both the systems.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Leon

vinayak1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Leon ,

Thanks for the revert again .

To elaborate further , we dont have any other system posting the document to CRM for this external number range .

This is completely needed in CRM for users to distinguish the Orders for which they have manually given the Order number .  So that was the reason we were thinking we can create a new number range .

Regards

Vinayak

Answers (0)