Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oo abap

former_member616
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi,

plz tell me what is the main difference between abap and ooabap?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raju,

As the name indicates, OOABAP is based on OO concepets, like class, objects, methods, attributes, polymorphism, inheritance and few SAPs own concepts like interface etc. Rather than using functions for coding you can use methods.

Ex for ALV instead of using REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY for displaying the ALV list you can use SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY. (for that you have to create an object of the type CL_GUI_ALV_GRID). Like other OO languages like C++, Java, C#.net etc you can protect your data through PRIVATE, PPRTECTED and PUBLIC lables. Most of new technologies from SAP like BSP, WebDynpro etc are based on OO concepts. So start your coding based on OOABAP. Bes wishes.

former_member616
Explorer
0 Kudos

oops abap is used to solve real world solutions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Both OOPS ABAP and Classical ABAP are used to solve real world problem. But with the OOP's ABAP you can approach at the problem in a more object oriented manner and can get solutions which will be based more on reality than other solution. Also the coding, development and maintainence is much more easy with the it.

Thanks,

Samantak Chatterjee.

former_member183878
Active Participant
0 Kudos

in new generation ABAP tool of like BSP ,WEB-DYMPRO-ABAP,IC web client

object oriented concept is integral part .OO concept is firstly use with BSP (wiil out date in couple of year),

web-dympro-abap is totaly object oriented when you create application system automaticaly generate

class under which you coding.

using OO concept in normal R3 report your server must be updated with new patches .

people having lots of experience mostly they they use procedural programing method .

one of the gretest advantage of using OO coding method program performance is batter then procedural programing method .

if i want to choose between FM and Globle class method i will go for method .

my suggestion try to use OO coding in roport .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

The main difference between OO ABAP and Classical ABAP is the Object Oriented ABAP has the OO Features in it like Classes, Methods, Interfaces, Polymorphism and Inheritance. And Classical ABAP is based on Function Modules and other old stuffs.

But you can use OO ABAP in classical ABAP as both of them are fully inter compatible. But now all major development of ABAP is mostly happening in OO ABAP as it is very flexible and very easy to maintain.

You can check the SDN for multiple OO ABAP and ABAP features. You can also have a look at help.sap.com.

Thanks,

Samantak.