Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an action/button to the BO extending Registered Product

former_member761319
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create an action to an object extending the Registered Product object,

and while trying to do so I encounter this exception "Keyword 'action' is not supported in non-ESF2 business object extensions". I tried looking for "BUPA_SOLUTION_EXTENSIONS" as it was mentioned as a possible solution for the problem, but I was not able to find it within the sdk.

is there a way to work around it, and add an action to the extension of the standard BO ?

Thank you in advance,

Daniel Wurms

View Entire Topic
oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is a generated answer by OpenAI chat. can someone please verify if it is remotely correct? Consider this just as an experiment and son't asume it is a correct answer.

"It sounds like you're trying to add an action to a business object extension in SAP S/4HANA Cloud. Unfortunately, it is not possible to add an action to a business object extension in SAP S/4HANA Cloud. The BUPA_SOLUTION_EXTENSIONS structure you mentioned is not available in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.

Instead of trying to add an action to the business object extension, you can try one of the following alternatives:

1. If you want to add a custom action to the registered product object, you can create a new custom business object and add the action to that object. You can then create a relationship between the custom business object and the registered product object to access the action from the registered product object.

2. If you want to add a custom action to the registered product object that is specific to a particular app, you can create a custom app and add the action to that app. You can then create a tile for the custom app on the registered product object's page to access the action from the registered product object.

3. If you just want to add a custom button or link to the registered product object's page, you can use the extensibility concept in SAP Fiori to add a custom button or link to the registered product object's page.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions."