Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert on change of status in transaction

former_member204742
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

In my project when my document status is changed a alert should be sent to the cic agent immediately. we tried the standard alert but it is not working.

with regards.

Selvam T

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Selvam,

Yes indeed. You need to describe your requirements in more details. IC alert can work with IC event, so you need to find out appropriate IC event ( for example BP confirmed, etc) and then you can create rule to display the alert message you want to display. The rule is under IDI (intent-driven interaction) context. If you can't find the suitable IC events, you might need to create one.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Martin Wu

former_member204742
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your Reply.

My requirement is when a document status is changed i need to sent an alert to IC Agent so that he can make a feed back call.

With Regards,

Selvam T

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Selvam,

who changes a document status? Is it a current IC Agent user? Or is it changed outside the IC?

General question. How will you decide to whom send the alert? I can guess it should be not an exact agent but some agents from IC. Am I right? If yes I'd recommend to rethink on the solution you've chosen and review it. Because it's better to create a followup task (document) to the document which status you analyze and assign the task to a group of agents. In this way agents (group of agents) will be able to get this task in agent inbox for instance. And it will be easier to track a status of the feed back call by the way.

Actually the same should be applied to a scenario with an exact and particular agent. You should assign him a task. Because he can take a day-off, be on other shift, take a break and etc. And in this case alerts won't help him make a feed back call in time.

0 Kudos

Hi Selvam,

one possible solution will be using the standard alert.

1: you need to configure alert category and include all the information you want to show in the alert. You can also define whether the alert is being sent out by mail or just an alert in the home page of the IC agent. You can refer to online help for steps to define alerts or search in SDN for more details.

2: you need to configure action profile for the transaction type. Then you define the action start condition in IMG, so when this condition met, the action will trigger the alert.

3: your agent can find all the alert and click it and jump into the transaction it is refering to, then create followup call for the customer.

Since the status changes is likely conduced by others instead of the current agent, so the IC alert might not be useful for you.

Cheers,

Martin

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add to what Martin said above.

Standard IC agent business role doesn't have a classical home page with an assignment block for alerts as other roles have. It has an Identification workarea instead as a home page. So there is something to play around with.