cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Search enhancement in CIC0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've a requirement of enhancing the BP search in CIC0. For that I've done the following steps :

Step 1: Modified the standard html and uploaded it.

Step 2: In SPRO -> "Define profiles for search strategies" . created a new profile and given z_ccmcs_bpsubcreate2

Step 3: In SPRO -> "Define customer specific search control". added z search components

Step 4: Appended structure CCMADDRESSFIELDS with my z fields.

Step 5: Copied the function group CRM_CIC_BP_SUB to Z_CRM_CIC_BP_SUB and replaced CCMCS with Z_CCMCS. In Z_CCMCS_BP_SUBCREATE2, replaced all the function module names which belongs to the copied function group.

After these steps, I'm facing the following problems :

1) The search result is shown only for Name First & Last fields, and from that search result, if any record is selected, nothing happens (the other fields on the screen are not populated).

2) For some search fields, it shows error "No search rules defined" and for some search fields, it shows the standard BP search help.

3) In the Business Partner area, if partner is put & Enter is pressed, the confirm icon is still not enabled.

Do I need to configure some settings?? Please help me out for the same.

Regards

Alpa

View Entire Topic
gerhard_djuracek
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you may have a look on the followin post regarding adding fields to the html template (BP Search) in CIC0.

And please use the search function within the Forum, as this is not the first post regarding enhanding bp search!

Regards, Gerhard

jump_912
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

Thanks for the reply, but rest assure that I do combed the forum before posting. I saw that posting earlier. However, I don't understand when it say "4. Create your own search function module. This function module". Do I create the FM into the FG CRM_CIC_BP_SUB? This will be a Modification. Is there any Enhancement way to achieve that? An Exit perhaps?

I want to add the search field ADRC-ROOMNUMBER. I tried copying the whole FG. It does not work as the Function Call is hardcoded in string. It's just too much to change that it's impractical.

Can you shed some light into this matter? I can also be reached thru jump_912@hotmail.com. We can arrange a Messenger session if you willing to.

Thanks again,

Eric Sheng

gerhard_djuracek
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

unfortunately it's a modification, I don't know about a modificationf free solution and connot help further!

Sorry, Gerhard

(thanks for searching before!)