cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4C How to use map for visualization if Country/Region field has technical ID other than required?

ola_k1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently I learnt that Country/Region field needs to have a specific technical ID to make the GEO map chart available for visualization:

https://userapps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/en/2704049

I learnt that the field which I would like to use from specific data source has a different technical ID.

What could be done in this situation - is it possible to change the technical ID of this field in the data source? Or is there a way of creating a new field in the same data source with the required technical ID?

If any of the above options is possible, please share any documentation on how to do it.

Best regards,

Ola

igor5150
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Aleksandra, how are you? 🙂

I was wondering about which data source you are using when trying to use the GEO report chart view as well as which fields.

Could you please elaborate your question? Which data are you using?

Then, I'd be able to test it from my side and check further.

Usually, any change or request of field type or even field ID is done through the SAP Customer Influence since it would be a new requirement within SAP Cloud for Customer.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Igor

View Entire Topic
igor5150
Employee
Employee

Dear Ola, how are you? 🙂

The 'Country/Region [DPY_PRSPY_CNY]' characteristic from the 'Lead [CODMKLEAH]' data source has the < DPY_PRSPY_CNY > and it does not have its ID as one of those mentioned which are allowed for GEO Map report.

As per documented on the < 2704049 - Geo Map Report Chart Type is Greyed Out > KBA, we just would be allowed to use it if we had one of those Characteristic IDs available within the data source. Since it is not, we cannot use that report chart type. These fields types are available in different data sources if you'd like to test it and test Geo Map Report Chart Type (e.g. Opportunity Header, Account Details).

If you would like to have such fields added to the 'Lead [CODMKLEAH]' data source, it would be a new requirement and it should be done via new idea/ suggestion in our SAP Customer Influence. The Customer Influence site allows customers to log Improvement Requests themselves and have the ability to work directly with our technology and development group.

If you have any further question, please let me know and I would be glad to assist you 🙂

Thanks and best regards,

Igor

0 Kudos

Gracias. s