Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4C to Marketing Cloud integration - many customers, same e-mail address

AndrewSimon
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I received this question from a partner and I'd like to have the answer available to all

"In C4C, we are creating/Updating Individual Customers and this data is replicated via CPI to the Hybris Marketing Cloud solution. In C4C - we can have multiple Individual customers with the same email address. All these customers with the same email address are merged in Hybris Marketing. There is a unique contact record( Golden record/Best record ) in Hybris Marketing for a specific email address. The Origin ID for these records from C4C is "SAP_C4C_INDIV_CUST"

Now we have to write logic to impact the address data in Hybris marketing. Our requirement is that if the best record already has an existing Street, Postal, City maintained - This should not be updated by the latest record created/updated from C4C with that same email address.

To achieve this we have implemented BADI CUAN_UPDATE_IC_ROOT, but since the debugging capabilities do not exist and the test from the BADI interface rarely works. So it is hard to pinpoint the issue from our side. The information continues to be updated by the latest record."

View Entire Topic
former_member247020
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First, I would check the ID Origin configuration on SAP Markeing (Cloud or On-Prem?). Depending on the configuration SAP Marketing merges the contact based on an id such as the email address.

If they are using a custom ID Origing, they can also maintain the priority of the ID Origins.

With the BAdI you can interfer with the import logic, but I would check the ID Origin configuration first.

br,

Johannes