cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailform: Hyperlink with Attribute not possible CRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

in CRM we want to send e-mails via mailforms.

This e-mail should include a URL as a hyperlink.

The URL has to be recieved via an custom attribute.

In the mailform workbench we are not abled to realize this demand via buttons or functions for Attributes an Hyperlinks.

When we switch to HTML we have the possibility to add a hyper reference for the attribute.

As the Attribute is unfortunately includen in an input tag ( <input> ) we can not use the normal hyperlink tag.

In detail the input tag for the attribute has to be inside the " " - part of the hyper reference < a href="..."> which is not possible.

When we try to add some scripting, the Workbench gets confused and deletes the coding after switching from html view and back.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Thanks and regards!

Martin Gaschk

View Entire Topic
nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I'm sorry if I misunderstood what you're trying to achieve, but did you try to insert your attributes between '&' characters like mentioned here?

Hyperlinks in Mail Forms - Campaign Management - SAP Library

Because it's working fine for me. So maybe an example of what doesn't work would be great.

Best regards,

Nicolas Busson.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

thanks for your advice!

Unfortunately our scenario is a little more complex:

Put an attribute in a mailform - ok!

Put a hyperlink in a mailform - ok!

Put an attribute in a mailform

and use it as a hyperlink       - not ok!

I hope i could clarify the exact problem 🙂

Thanks an regards!

Martin Gaschk

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

An example would probably help to understand your issue: because in the online help link I sent you above they show exactly how to insert an attribute as parameter of a URL, so that you can pass the BP number for example.

In your first message you wrote:

the attribute has to be inside the " " - part of the hyper reference < a href="...">

So what is the difference?

Nicolas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

in our case, the whole URL is inside of an custom attribute.

In the Thread they use an example for the URL:

http://www.sap.com?firstname=%SAP_BAPIBUS1006_CENTRAL_PERSON-FIRSTNAME&lastname;=%SAP_BAPIBUS1006_CE....

What means, that we should get the solution by setting up the Hyperlink as following:

<a href="%URLATTRIBUTE">URLTEXT<a>

We tested that case, but it did not work.

Thanks a lot for your support!

Martin Gaschk

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well... I never tested your scenario but I think it should work.

Did you try something like <a href="%SAP_BAPIBUS1006_CENTRAL_PERSON_FIRSTNAME">Test OK<a> for example? Just to make sure that the issue is not coming from your custom attribute...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

that's a good idea!

I will test the behaviour with a standard atribute.

Thanks and regards!

Martin

sascha_roehm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

thank you for sharing this information. I had exactly the same issue.. putting a whole URL into an attribute and display the link with href in the mail form.

Your suggestions puttin <a href="%ATTRIBUTE_NAME">Text</a> worked perfectly, so thank you.

Best regards

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

When i use the href tag the url is appearing in encoded format( for eg / is replaced by %2f) and on clicking the link nothing happens. Could you please suggest how to solve this.

JSULLIVAN
Participant
0 Kudos

I was able to use this code using attributes for both the URL and the Text.

<a href="%SAP_CRMS_SRQM_GEN_FIELDS-CRM_SRQM_URL"><input id="%SAP_CRMS_SRQM_GEN_FIELDS-CRM_SRQM_NUMBER" value="Service Request ID" dir="ltr"/></a>

it resulted with this...

Best regards,

-John