cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMC 2008 upgrade: what are all these new HANA views for?

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm preparing my software collection export for after the 2008 freeze period,

and noticed in the Check a lot of errors about view dependencies.

On August 1st and August 5th, a lot of new views seem to have been created by user SAP System Processing.

They will surely be required to add to my export collection, but I am curious to know what they are for.

A lot of them mention they are views for Value Helps for some of my custom fields, which indeed have a value list assigned,

but another big part are just "Custom SAP HANA View: CA_Zcustomview:CA_Zothercustomsometing:CA_Zothercustomsomething:CA_AndSoOn

But as I like to know what I am putting on production, could someone shed a light on this please 😄

Might it have something to do with this HANA 2.0 item that I read in the What's New list?

SAP HANA database version 2.0 is used in the Add Custom Views application. Due to this change, views modeled in SAP HANA Development Infrastructure (HDI) are supported for import.

View Entire Topic
bruno_gonzalez
Active Participant

Hi vervinckt.joyca. SAP Marketing always create underlying structures when you create extension artifacts (like custom fields in this case), and the custom views for value help and some other features are needed to have consistency across the system.

Regarding to this specific change, due to the upgrade of HANA database, all the underlying structures for extension artifacts must be upgraded and recreated in HANA 2.0. That's why you're getting that "SAP System Processing" items in the export software collection.

If you want to create custom views (it's like database views, but for marketing usage), you can follow this useful post I checked: https://blogs.sap.com/2020/05/22/create-hana-2.0-custom-view-in-sap-web-ide-using-cloud-foundry-hana...

Let me know if this helped 🙂 Regards,

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor

Thanks Bruno 🙂

It was indeed clear meanwhile that all those new views by SAP System Processing were due to the HANA 2.0 conversion 🙂 That's all the confirmation that I needed. It wasn't immediately clear from the What's New release notes that the existing views would be updated (it just mentioned 2.0 views were supported as of now).

We made a couple of custom views in the past, so it's all those that we now see appearing in their 2.0 version in the software collection.

Kr

Joyca