cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger-based campaigns with delay sending time and Recommendation products on email template

guipaulino
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I need to send an e-mail to the customer 10 days after he/she purchased something from our store. The email content should have the items/products from that purchase because we will ask for the customer to do a product review on those products.

Here's what I first thought:

- create a trigger-based campaign with 'sales order' interaction type;
- create an email in content studio with product recommendation with 'Last Purchased Items (Interactions - Optimized) algorithm as per this blog.
- use the 'delay sending' for the email equal to 10 days (so that the email will be sent in 10 days and not at the moment of the triggered interaction)

Does that make sense?

Problem is: what if the customer purchased something later that day or the next day? Will the 'last purchased items' algorithm consider the products from the first purchase or the second purchase to send in the email after 10 days?

Example1 (only 1 purchase in the past 10 days): I'd think this scenario is feasible

- Sales order created on July 20th at 10am with products A and B;

- Trigger-based campaign is turned on but the email is not sent yet because of the '10 day' delay option

- On July 30th at 10am an email will be sent with the products A and B

Example2 (customer has more than 1 purchase in the past 10 days):

- Sales order created on July 20th with products A and B;

- Trigger-based campaign is turned on but the email is not sent yet because of the '10 day' delay option

- On July 21st there is a new sales order interaction for the same contat with products C and D;

- On July 30th, will the contact receieve an e-mail with products A and B? Or with products C and D because that's what's on his last sales interaction?

I hope I could be clear on my requirements. If not, please let me know. I'd appreciate some inputs on this.

Best regards,

Guilherme.

View Entire Topic

Hi luis.paulino,

I think you correctly worked out the limitations with the approach leveraging the product recommendations:

• The algorithm Last Purchased Items (Interactions - Optimized) selects all product items that were part of a sales order in a certain time frame. In the Algorithm Details you specify the time frame by setting a pre-filter (Use Interaction Data (in days))
  • In case you would set the pre-filter to 10 days and run the campaign 10 days after the purchase date, sales order items that happened in between (e.g. 3 days ago) would also be included in the algorithm result because there is no input filter or leading item which restricts the result to a specific sales order.

Another approach would be something similar to the Shopping Cart Abandonment use case. In this scenario, the email is not personalized with products from the recommendation model. Instead of, the Trigger Based Campaign takes the products that are associated with the triggering interaction. Unfortunately, as far as I know the SC Abandonment scenario only works for those specific Interactions and not for regular Sales Orders. So this would not help you either.

Most probably, your use case can only be realized when SAP Marketing Cloud supports transactional messages: Influence Item

BR,
Frederik

guipaulino
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much frederik_lipowsky and qiuwen.li,

Sounds like you understood just what I need. And yes, it is something similar to a 'shopping cart abandonment' scenario, except I needed to use it for other interaction types. I'm thinking of workaround ideas to use the standard interaction for shopping cart and have this work for my specific scenario 🙂

I've voted for the constumer influence idea, thanks!

Regards,

Guilherme.