Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Commerce Cloud: Coupon Code Seed Number

robert_baethe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi community,

What exactly is the purpose of the MultiCode Coupon field "Coupon Code Seed Number"?  I don't understand the help portal doc definition ("This number is used to generate the clear text part of the random coupon code.") see https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_COMMERCE/9d346683b0084da2938be8a285c0c27a/173ae3466cd649e7b29c48620b4a...

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

adamreisberg
Active Participant

Hi @robert_baethe 

It's not really well explained (or documented), but the coupon code seed value has at least two (2) purposes:

1. It acts as part of the generated coupon code (i.e. a single coupon code that occurs after the prefix)
  2. It acts as a counter (plus the initial seed number) for the number of coupon codes that have been generated.

Given that the seed number does act as a counter, do be aware of the limits of the system based on the coupon code generation (with an appropriate coupon part count and coupon part length, you can generate in the range of about 4 billion unique coupon codes for a multicoupon code, give or take several hundred million)

From the point of actual marketers - I'd seek additional input for real use case examples here.

If you want to do a deep dive, you can explore the following two (2) classes:

• de.hybris.platform.couponservices.couponcodegeneration.impl.DefaultCouponCodesGenerator
  • de.hybris.platform.couponservices.couponcodegeneration.impl.DefaultCouponCodeClearTextGenerationStrategy

Answers (0)