cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartedit - product catalog permission to user

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to give read-only permission of the product catalog to a specific user.

When the user accesses to smartedit and tries to edit a component, he is not able to retrieve the list of products from the Staged catalog. He is only able to see the ones from the Online version.

I tried to give him read permission first through backoffice and then through the impex specified in the wiki, but it didn't work.

I've also checked the browser console to see if there were errors but nothing is shown.

Can you help me, please?

Thanks,

Roberta.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

geffchang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The impex in the wiki is for Staged and Online content catalog. Did you try giving access to Staged and Online product catalog also?

0 Kudos

Hi Geff, yes.

I tried to add the user directly in the catalog version section from Backoffice (both Staged and Online) but it didn't work.

I also tried to give write permission, but nothing changed. I triggered the sync of the catalog also.

I don't know if this could be useful, but I noticed that the usergroup in which this user belongs contains the employee group and for this one there is one backend visibility rule on the product type for retrieving the product only from the product catalog in the session, the Online.

Thank you,

Roberta.