Devtoberfest Blog Posts
Got something to share with your fellow Devtoberfest participants? Write it up and share it in a post here!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josh_bentley
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Contest Activities and Points – Awarded and accumulated against your SAP Community ID logged into SAP Groups.

For Devtoberfest 2022 we will be having 4 weeks of activities during the month of October, and as you may or may not know, most of those activities allow you to earn points.  These points will be accumulated in our contest. (CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES HERE).  We also have an overview about taking part in the contest here: Devtoberfest Contest - SAP Community Groups

This table below includes a sample of some events that you can earn a badge with points associated. Once that badge is applied to your SAP Community ID you will be able to see your points status change on the “for fun only” Devtoberfest Gameboard.  More events will be published in future weeks of Devtoberfest, including a list after week 3 of a special group of 20 tutorials (Scavenger Hunt) as a Devtoberfest Mission with bonus points awarded if all 20 tutorials are completed.

Activity

Points Awarded

Register

Participate in Petoberfest

Scavenger Hunt of 20 Tutorials  (coming week 3)

Up to 6500

Tutorials in each content week (see below weekly)

Attend Live YouTube Speaker Sessions and complete validation

We will have many existing tutorials from https://developers.sap.com that you can complete to earn points in Devtoberfest 2022. Each week we will announce the tutorials that go along with that week’s daily topics which you can complete for points. However we didn't want to penalize those of you that might have already completed these tutorials in the past. Therefore if you are registered for Devtoberfest and completed these key tutorials in the past you are granted credit automatically for those. (LINKS TO T&C’s)

see here for week 1 and week 2 points earning activities

Here is a list of all the daily points earning activities, by daily topic area, for week 3, please note the special Cryptic Crossword:

Day

Badge Code

Content Week 3

SPECIAL ACTIVITY

#7E5B1E

Devtoberfest 2022 - Cryptic Crossword

Monday 17/10

#A92D49

History of ABAP (R/2 -> R/3)

Monday 17/10

#86B8EB

Troubleshoot RAP-based Fiori Apps in the ABAP Development Tools

Monday 17/10

#5F2288

Create a Simple ABAP CDS View in ADT

Monday 17/10

#88C2C1

Display a CDS View Using ALV with IDA

Tuesday 18/10

#44F118

Clean SAPUI5: More readable, maintainable and testable code 

Tuesday 18/10

#D5B4BC

Testing UI5 Apps with wdi5 - Zero to Hero to Continuous Integration 

Tuesday 18/10

#0092C5

Set Up SAP Launchpad Service Using a Trial Account

Tuesday 18/10

#DD2F29

Set Up SAP Business Application Studio for Development

Tuesday 18/10

#C6D3DE

Create a Dev Space for SAP Fiori Apps

Tuesday 18/10

#E497CC

Create a Destination in the SAP BTP Cockpit

Tuesday 18/10

#92DD66

Create an Empty SAPUI5 Project

Tuesday 18/10

#85DF73

Add Views and Define Routes to Access Them

Tuesday 18/10

#CE879B

Improve User Experience of the List and Detail Page

Tuesday 18/10

#D7D75B

Deploy Your SAPUI5 App

Wednesday 19/10

#8E1EC9

Why you should know more about SAP Data Warehouse Cloud

Wednesday 19/10

#8660BA

Innovate your IT landscape with SAP Data Warehouse Cloud, SAP BW Bridge

Wednesday 19/10

#74A529

SAP HANA Database Explorer Overview

Wednesday 19/10

#CAC5FF

Add Databases to the SAP HANA Database Explorer

Wednesday 19/10

#F61DDD

Browse Schema with the Database Browser in SAP HANA Database Explorer

Wednesday 19/10

#9796A4

Query with the SQL Console in SAP HANA Database Explorer

Wednesday 19/10

#2BA482

Troubleshoot SQL with SAP HANA Database Explorer

Thursday 20/10

#F7B642

Devtoberfest 2022 - Week 3 - Low-Code, No-Code Speakers (Overview)

Thursday 20/10

#16B8BB

Create a Business Process

Thursday 20/10

#B40FB3

Create and Configure Forms

Thursday 20/10

#DC2FE7

Create a Process Condition

Thursday 20/10

#8E1D2A

Run the Business Process

Thursday 20/10

#3EE888

Create an Invoice Approval Process

Thursday 20/10

#7301A7

Create an automation to extract Invoice Details

Thursday 20/10

#838AA0

Create a Decision for Invoice Approval Process

Thursday 20/10

#A16AF5

Create Forms for Invoice Approval Process

Thursday 20/10

#079B9A

Release, Deploy and Run the Process

Thursday 20/10

#1040DD

Devtoberfest 2022 - Week 3 - Challenge - SPA - Easy

Thursday 20/10

#319FA5

Devtoberfest 2022 - Week 3 - Challenge - SPA - Tough

Friday 21/10

#CD865A

Day-2 Operations with the SAP BTP, Kyma runtime - Part 2

Friday 21/10

#D63BA5

Basics of Containerization

Friday 21/10

#C47933

Deploy a Go MSSQL API Endpoint in the Kyma Runtime

Friday 21/10

#8F8FEE

Trigger a Microservice with an Event

Scavenger Hunt 20 Tutorials (175 each and 3000 Bonus Points if all 20 completed)

Scavenger Hunt #A78634 Get an Account on SAP BTP to Try Out Free Tier Service Plans 175
Scavenger Hunt #27C9D1 Manage Entitlements Using the Cockpit 175
Scavenger Hunt #D5066C Create a Service Instance in SAP BTP 175
Scavenger Hunt #D906DC Consume SAP BTP Services In SAP Kyma 175
Scavenger Hunt #E49477 Set Up Initial Configuration for an MDK App 175
Scavenger Hunt #FCF8F3 Start Your MDK Application in the Editor 175
Scavenger Hunt #CFFF0B Create a UI Using Freestyle SAPUI5 175
Scavenger Hunt #B722F9 Create an SAP Fiori Elements-Based UI 175
Scavenger Hunt #BCCA93 Help Thomas Get Started with SAP HANA Cloud 175
Scavenger Hunt #AB1F9B Take a Tour of SAP Analytics Cloud 175
Scavenger Hunt #D7E729 Understand Why Data Anonymization is Important 175
Scavenger Hunt #41503A Understand Spatial Reference Systems in SAP HANA Spatial 175
Scavenger Hunt #96C312 Prepare Your Development Environment for CAP 175
Scavenger Hunt #EC0055 Create a CAP Business Service with Node.js Using Visual Studio Code 175
Scavenger Hunt #D93FDE Create an SAP Cloud Application Programming Model Project for SAP HANA Cloud 175
Scavenger Hunt #EEE7A3 Create Database Artifacts Using Core Data Services (CDS) for SAP HANA Cloud 175
Scavenger Hunt #39FADD Create a User Interface with CAP (SAP HANA Cloud) 175
Scavenger Hunt #9EA2E7 Add User Authentication to Your Application (SAP HANA Cloud) 175
Scavenger Hunt #1CA67B Create Calculation View and Expose via CAP (SAP HANA Cloud) 175
Scavenger Hunt #23CBD5 Create HANA Stored Procedure and Expose as CAP Service Function (SAP HANA Cloud) 175
SH BONUS #96C587 Bonus Mission Completion 3000

Here is a list of all the daily points earning activities, by daily topic area, for week 4

Date Badge Code Content Week 4 Points
Monday 24/10 #D1C812 Interview with Michael Keller about starting with ABAP 200
Monday 24/10 #92E01F A Beginner's Guide to the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model 200
Monday 24/10 #44085F  Get to Know the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model 175
Monday 24/10 #C13A8B  Create a SAP Fiori App and Deploy it to SAP BTP, ABAP Environment 175
Tuesday 25/10 #F4255F Improving the Performance of UI5 Applications 200
Tuesday 25/10 #AA84AC Build beautiful, native mobile applications with SAP Fiori for iOS 200
Tuesday 25/10 #554A2C Prepare Your Development Environment for SAP Fiori Elements 175
Tuesday 25/10 #48E373 Create an SAP Fiori Elements Application 175
Tuesday 25/10 #A19E60 Refine the List Report with Additional Annotations 175
Tuesday 25/10 #F06D1D Extend the Object Page by Adding More Functionality 175
Wednesday 26/10 #5F7DA5 Python Operators in SAP Data Intelligence: Leverage the new features 200
Wednesday 26/10 #9D5205 Build data pipelines with SAP Data Intelligence 200
Wednesday 26/10 #829A72 Choose an SAP HANA Database 175
Wednesday 26/10 #A48C6F Install the SAP HANA Client 175
Wednesday 26/10 #9AEAD6 Create a User, Tables and Import Data Using SAP HANA HDBSQL 175
Wednesday 26/10 #6EE0A2 Connect Using the SAP HANA Python Interface 175
Wednesday 26/10 #AAEE93 Trace an SAP HANA Client Connection 175
Thursday 27/10 #F63F0F Devtoberfest 2022 - Week 4 - Low-Code, No-Code Speakers (Overview) 800
Friday 28/10 #67D3C5 Developing Front-End Applications in Cloud Foundry - an End-to-End Journey 200
Friday 28/10 #0C1082 Develop your first CAP application on the SAP BTP, Kyma runtime 200
Friday 28/10 #5C1D3E  Deploy Your CAP Application to Kyma 175
Friday 28/10 #D50EEF  Prepare SAP Launchpad Service Setup 175

see here for week 1 and week 2 points activities

153 Comments
Sathees_P
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung,

Thanks a Lot for clue and I found a syntax in api document link

-Sathees

Sherine
Participant

Cryptic crossword was super. Initially it took some time to understand, but finally I cracked it

Aditi_Singhal21
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung thanks for your kind reply. The issue is solved as yesterday it was not updating the points but after that it again started adding up points. now I have reached the mark of 18k. Thank you once again for your reply

swaroop_hj
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung

I recently was asked to login to developers.sap.com website using Universal ID. I did follow the steps in creation of the account and I am able to login to website, but now when I try to play activities through daily quiz it throws Technical Error message when I click on answer and hit submit. I have attached the error image. This is happening since I logged in through Universal ID,  earlier I have been able to answer and gain points. Kindly help me with resolving this issue. 

swaroop_hj_0-1666073579191.png

Swaroop

Bartho
Participant

Did the Scavenger Hunt already start?

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi team, 

I'm actually trying to do the tutorials on the SDK IOs, 

First of all, in a lot of tutorials you have the surprise of having to do several before being able to do the one requested. Sometimes you already have done the previous tutorial, but after several months all your jobs has been erased. It could be nice to have archive at the beggining of the tuto. 

Second point, it could be so nice to have a logical "route" between tutorials. A big graphic with all the relations. ( I know it is an amazing job, but it is really scary when you see the whole list of tuto).

And at last, I am really suprise having problems on each tutorial.

First IOS tutorial, I have to follow this solution :

https://answers.sap.com/questions/13728864/unable-to-access-mobile-service-from-btp-trial-acc.html

Now I have created this request : 

https://answers.sap.com/questions/13739419/import-espmcontainerfmwk-no-such-module.html

Am I alone to do these tutorials ?  Does people really doing tutorials ? 

Best regards

Fred

amauryvanespen
Active Participant

Hello

could you please add the list of #code for badge next to the activity ?

quite difficult to know which is OK and which is not OK.

Thank you

Amaury

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

@Bartho - no scavenger hunt hasn't begun yet.  It will begin later this week.

thomasks
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi team,

Could you post the validation question link for today's sessions.

Clean SAPUI5: More readable, maintainable and testable code

Thank you

Thomas

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

@swaroop_hj - I've sent that information over to the team that manages the Developer Tutorial system. 

nicoschoenteich
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi @swaroop_hj, Thanks for letting us know.

The tutorial links for today's sessions:

https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/devtoberfest-week3-user-interface-clean-sapui5.html

https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/devtoberfest-week3-user-interface-wdi5.html

They will be added to the overview table shortly.

swaroop_hj
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung

Thank you for sharing the error with the respective team. Please let me know the POC so that I can follow up and get this issue resolved as this is affecting me in not scoring any points. Kindly share any update should have received. Requesting you to consider this on priority.

Thanks and Regards

Bartho
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung 

two courses seems buggy for me currently since I did them but did not get the badge:

• #079B9A - Devtoberfest 2022 - Release, Deploy and Run the Process
  • #9EA2E7 - Devtoberfest 2022 Scavenger Hunt - Add User Authentication to Your Application (SAP HANA Cloud)

Could you check? 

Best, Bartho.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

@Bartho - I'm also missing those two badges on my testing profile. Although it seems not be blocking the overall scavenger hunt bonus. But I've reported those two to the badge/tutorial team.

ALEJONO
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung.

This is about Scavenger Hunt tutorials, I've completed Manage Entitlements Using the Cockpit

tutorial, but the earned points weren't added to my gameboard score.

Current score: 11610

Expected score: 11785

Is this related on the frecuency the "score update job" runs?

Kind regards,

Ale.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

@ALEJONO You sure all steps are completed? Your profile doesn't show that this item was completed. 

ALEJONO
Participant

@thomas_jung I've received the notification e-mail that I won the badge, however it was correct that the badge was not on my profile at that moment.
A minute ago the missing badge arrived and the earned points have been added to the gameboard score.
Thanks!

Julio
Participant

Hi all, 

Any clue for cryptic crosswords question 11?

I know is - - e - / - - - - - f - - - but no idea what could be 😞

Something like "open XXX"???

Please help! Is the only pending I have. 

Thanks and regards!

Bartho
Participant

Yeha, Week 4 content is online 🙂

thomasks
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi team,

In the 1st scavenger hunt exercise - Get an Account on SAP BTP to Try Out Free Tier Service Plans, I as trying to register with (step 3) "Purchase as an Individual" option. But it directly takes me to the page to create a company account( skips step 3 and goes to 4). I tried creating a new user with a different email ID that isnt associated with SAP and still takes me to create a company account.

Is there something I am doing that is taking me directly to Company Account Creation? 

Thanks

Thomas

swaroop_hj
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hello @josh_bentley @thomas_jung ,

I notice that points and badges are not being added to my profile(swaroophj) in spite of completing the activity. This is happening from week 2 activities. Please check and update my profile so that the points and badges reflect.

Regards

VijayetaSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello @thomas_jung,
Seems like this is a common topic here. I may have to wait for system to sync. Just wanted to make sure.
My ID is still showing not registered. I tied with my community ID and it says that I have badges, but may not be registered. I can see I am already part of the group.

Thanks,

V

Jeansy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung , 

can you please check why my point mentioned in the Gameboard? It looks like the Scavenger Hunt-related points have not been counted. 

In general I do not see a lot of badges (related to week 3) even I received mails that I earned a new badge, but I cannot see them on my Community profile. That's why I am not sure if these points have been counted or not.

Would it be possible to have a look if everything is correct? Thank you 🙂

Kind regards
Jens

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

@Jeansy - what is your community id?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

@VijayetaSharma 
When did you register?  There can be 24-48 hours before it registered in the gameboard. If longer than that we can research.  What is your Community ID?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

@swaroop_hj - the system doens't show that you have completed any tutorials since week 2. Are you sure you are logged into the same ID for the tutorial system (developers.sap.com) that is linked to your Community Profile?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

@thomasks - This is not the correct place to ask technical questions about problems with specific tutorials. Please ask those questions in the appropriate SAP Community Q&A category. The topic experts and other support people are not here in this forum to see your question or help you out. 

swaroop_hj
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

@thomas_jung I have logged into tutorial system with the same mail ID I have used for community profile i.e., sap.com mail ID. Since week 2 I am having issues with my ID where I had to change it to Universal ID and then I had issue with tutorial system. But recently I completed the week 2 activity and it is shown as completed in Tutorial system but the same is not syncing. Please verify/ let me know what can be done so that the profile are in sync. 

PattyC
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am not able to install Desktop Agent 3 for PC running in Window 10 for Microsoft Edge and Chrome ?  Do I need to uninstall the desktop Agent 3 software and re-download the latest version from the  developers tool software site to install the software again ?

Do we need to turn on developer mode in the Edge or Chrome browser for the extension add on? 

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

@PattyC - Is your question in connection to a particular tutorial or video that you saw?  It would be much better to post your question in the appropriate SAP Community Q&A or on the original content directly.  Technical or topic experts aren't likely to find your question here amongst the thread around the contest. 

Jeansy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung ,

my community id is jzaehringer.
My gameboard link is: https://devrel-tools-prod-scn-badges-srv.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/devtoberfestContest/jzaehring...

Even I did several tutorials in the last days, I did not get any further points in my gameboard also badges are not shown in my profile:

https://people.sap.com/jzaehringer

Thank you for your support 🙂

Kind regards
Jens

Sathees_P
Participant
0 Kudos

GM @thomas_jung,

I have been completed the tutorial "Release, Deploy and Run the Process" yesterday but badge is not shown in my profile. But series badge "Invoice Processing and Approval Using SAP Process Automation" appeared in my profile 

Sathees_Kumar_P_1-1666583539593.png and waiting for points from "Scavenger Hunt completion bonus"!

-Sathees

Jeansy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@thomas_jung 

My Name in the SAP Community is jzaehringer

Thank you 🙂

kind regards

Jens

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

@Jeansy - I compared your gameboard to your community profile.  All the badges on your community profile are represented in the gameboard calculation. You say you received emails but these badges aren't on your community profile. It seems likely that you have multiple SAP accounts and this recent activity went against another account.  I've never seen a situation where a badge email came out but didn't show in the community profile. Did you just switch to Universal ID?  If so and you linked multiple accounts, it's likely using the wrong linked profile to record your activity now. 

dnzxy
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a question regarding the 3rd "mission" of the Scavenger Hunt, Create a Service Instance in SAP BTP. As a service to create I chose the Event Mesh service and I'm doing this on my private trial account. When creating the instance, I followed this mission here basically, and I simply cannot create an instance of Event Mesh. I literally copied the service descriptor of this tutorial, entered something for the placeholders that goes along with the allowed service descriptor syntax, however I always get an error 

Service broker error: Service broker enterprise-messaging-service-broker failed with: Service broker parameters are invalid: [{"message":"Unrecognized field","propertyPath":"namespace"}]

It's not directly related to the Devtoberfest and the Scavenger Hunt, however I find it extremely strange, that I simply cannot create an instance of the Event Mesh, event when following the "official tutorial".

Thanks in advance, Dan

Jeansy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung , 

I use Universal ID sine several months, but I use only my main Nagarro-related S-User.

The only change I had is that my mail-address has changed few weeks ago because of a company change, so it is not nagarro-es.com anymore, now it is nagarro.com. I changed this in my S-User as well as in my Universal ID. I also had contact with a SAP-colleaue because the new mail address was not reflected in this Community, but now this seems to be correct as well.

I did 19 of 20 Tutorials of the Scavenger Hunt but I did not receive the points in my gameboard. When I click on the links again I can see that the tutorials have been completed (so I did not a relogin or something like that, meaning that my user-profile should not be switched inside of my Universal ID).

That's completly strange and I don't know how to solve it in the moment. I am not able to receive further points in the moment.

Thank you for checking again.

Kind regards
Jens

jmtrujillogalan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good morning!

@thomas_jung I was checking my dashboard with my badges and I see that I haven't these codes:

#3EE888Create an Invoice Approval Process175
#EC0055Create a CAP Business Service with Node.js Using Visual Studio Code175

Besides these 350 points, I think that I haven't 1250 from Petoberfest.  Were the points awarded?

Thanks you in advance for your extraordinary support!

Regards

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

@jmtrujillogalan  - I checked your dashboard and it does contain the Petoberfest points. For the other two - you don't have the badges for either of those. Are you sure you fully completed all steps in the tutorial?

jmtrujillogalan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung 

I see the status completed in the tutorials:

jmtrujillogalan_1-1666861775286.png

About the points, if I didn't make a mistakethe the sum of all tutorials is 36560  + 1250 Petoberfest + 1972 Teched --> 39782 and I have 38182.

Thanks!

nkb
Explorer
0 Kudos

@jmtrujillogalan , what will you do with 40K points? You are eligible for the highest prize with 24K points :)!

Sathees_P
Participant
0 Kudos

Good Day!

@thomas_jung I completed all SH tutorials, SH BONUS #96C587 Bonus Mission Completion badge is missing. Please support.

-Sathees

Sathees_P
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Cryptic CrosswordQuestion 10 Colleague has bot sent back on holiday event for animals (11)
I need a clue, I am stuck with this Q10 only 😞

-Sathees

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

@jmtrujillogalan - You have the points for Petoberfest

According to the system the only two you are missing are:

#3EE888 - Devtoberfest 2022 - Create an Invoice Approval Process;175
#EC0055 - Devtoberfest 2022 Scavenger Hunt - Create a CAP Business Service with Node.js Using Visual Studio Code;175

I can send through a request to check why those two badges aren't assigned if you are sure you have completed them. But it won't have any material impact on the contest as you've already qualified for the highest tier. 

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

@Former Member - What is your community ID?  If I know that I can check and see what the system says might be missing.

Sathees_P
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung 

My community id satheeskumar.palaniappan and please check SH BONUS #96C587 Bonus Mission Completion badge is missing.

-Sathees

Dinesh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung ,

I have completed all tutorials current point is 38357, what is the maximum point ? am i missing any tutorial.

my id is  dinesh.ravisekaran2.

Dinesh_0-1667011767769.png

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

@Dinesh - 38.532 is the maximum points.  

The only Devtoberfest task you are missing is the following:
#C47933 - Devtoberfest 2022 - Deploy a Go MSSQL API Endpoint in the Kyma Runtime;175

Dinesh
Participant
0 Kudos

@thomas_jung : Thanks,that was completed long time back , please see below:

Dinesh_0-1667138477492.png

can you please check?

lalitmohan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung,

I have completed all tutorials current point is 38,357.  am I missing any tutorial?

my id is  lalitmohan7443

Thanks, Lalit

nicolasgoris
Participant
0 Kudos

I also seem to be missing some tutorials since I am stranded at 37.017 points, + 1.250 from Petoberfest ( assuming my picture is okay 😁), that leaves me with 265 points unachieved.

@thomas_jung can you check which one I missed? I already went through every tutorial I could find here 🙂 (my id: nicolasgoris)