Devtoberfest Blog Posts
Got something to share with your fellow Devtoberfest participants? Write it up and share it in a post here!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

How do I qualify for the Devtoberfest Grand Prize trip?
To learn how to qualify and earn points, please visit the official rules and regulations (Coming Soon) page of this site. For a complete listing of the contest activities as they are released each week of the event please see here: Coming Soon.

When does the contest begin and end?
The Grand Prize qualifications run from September 18th, 2023 – October 15th, 2023

Where will the 2023 Grand Prize be held?
The Grand Prize 2023 will be held at the SAP Offices on Lido Isle in Newport Beach, California in the first half of 2024.

When is the Grand Prize trip?
The Grand Prize trip will take place in the first half of 2024 depending upon winner and SAP support staff availability. We will update this page when the official dates have been released.

If I qualify and want my family to come too, can I pay their way on the trip?
Yes, purchase options are available for additional guests, information will be available as the trip nears.

Will the SAP Executive Team be on the trip?
Yes! You will have the opportunity to spend time with SAP executives, product leaders, and innovators during the Day with SAP, various meal functions, and other activities.

How frequently will the rank status be updated online?

Rankings/Standings are continuously updated, but some activities do have a few days lag before they show in the gameboard.  This gameboard is offered for entertainment purposes only. The actual points calculation for Devtoberfest levels and contest prizes will be done separately and could vary from the points displayed in this gameboard.  To check your latest ranking, add your SAP Community Profile ID to the end of the following URL: https://devrel-tools-prod-scn-badges-srv.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/devtoberfestContest/scnId.Her....

Do I need a passport?
Each person attending will require a passport, valid for six months beyond the date of return and depending upon country of origin a valid visa to enter the United States.  Winners are responsbile for aquiring their own passport and visa. 

Can I participate if I am based in another country?
Yes, this Grand Prize trip is open to all countries listed in the Official Rules (coming soon). Final travel plans will be determinate upon having a valid passport and entry visas into the U.S.

When will the winners be notified?
Winners will be announced live at TechEd on November 2nd, 2023. Emails notifications will also be sent post the TechEd announcement.

How do I register for the Grand Prize trip?
Shortly after the winners are announced, you will receive an email notification with confirmation instructions. Please respond to the email in a very timely manner, you will be given a deadline. It’s important that you confirm your attendance on time.

Will I be able to receive a different award if I earn a spot on the Grand Prize Trip but am unable to attend?
No, the Grand Prize Trip cannot be redeemed for cash or points.

If I’m unable to attend and want to gift my Grand Prize trip to someone else, what should I do?
The Grand Prize Trip cannot be gifted to anyone else.

If I’m unable to attend but don’t want to gift my prize to someone else, whom should I inform?
If you can’t attend the Grand Prize trip, please respond to the confirmation notification email in a timely manner.

If I don’t qualify for the trip but still want to attend, can I pay my own way?
No, the Grand Prize trip is for qualified winners only.