Devtoberfest Discussions
Join in the conversations with your fellow participants, on anything and everything to do with Devtoberfest!
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

🟑 Devtoberfest 2023 Gaming Night Discussion

josh_bentley
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Thanks so much for attending game night and/or commenting about your favorite games.  This post is now locked from further replies. 

Hey everyone!  

If you are attending our game night session 1 or session 2   or if you don't attend, we wanted to provide a place besides the discord server chat where you could come and leave a comment about your experience.  What game did you play?  Did you host a game?  What was your favorite game to as a kid?  Did you have a favorite gaming console?  

Basically if you want some points for the Devtoberfest contest commenting on this thread is a super easy way to get credit for week 2 #FunFriday! 

82 REPLIES 82

josh_bentley
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

I wanted to post that my favorite game but also one that drive me nuts was the original Legend of Zelda in the gold cartridge for Nintendo Entertainment System.  It had a battery to save game progress.  I made a deal with myself that once I beat the game I would destroy the cartridge so I wouldn't have to hear that song anymore or be sucked into playing that game again.  But still, my favorite...

0 Kudos

Now there is the 'same' game on the NSwitch, I had a lot of fun. I can recommend it.

DellSC
Active Contributor

I haven't done much console gaming, but I used to LOVE playing Akalabeth on the Apple IIe. It was written by the infamous "Lord Britain" and was a precursor to Castle Wolfenstein.

I now have an emulator version of Akalabeth on my personal laptop that I play occasionally - I have too many other interests to spend much time gaming these days.

chaiphon
Contributor

I like both Hero of Might and Magic and Civilization and played both of them since the first version until latest ones. I used to pull all nighter all weekend in high school. Civilization VI is still on my laptop.

LaurensDeprost
Contributor

+1 for Heroes of Might and Magic, I used to play a lot of HoMM III. It's my favorite PC game, along with Diablo II. Favorite console is SNES for nostalgic reasons πŸ€“

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

I only do online games today - word search, scramble words, word wipe.  I play these daily!

I know my nephews (old and young) are into the Nintendo Switch.

"Wordle" was a rage sometime last year (until NYTimes bought it) among my friends group. It was fun!

0 Kudos

Same with me πŸ™‚

fem
Explorer

Hmm...good question, I think Super Mario Kart and also Super Mario Smash Brothers were great games back in the days on N64, but are also now with my kids on Nintendo Switch.

It's sad couch co-op console games get really rare these days. Coming physically together was the most important part of the fun.

harsh_itaverma
Participant

Diablo II, Candy Crush, Township, Clash of clans, PUBG, Call of Duty.... All these are my favorites!!

One of my childhood best memories is playing video games/computer games and being a naive side gamer for my brother who used to play a lot of games (which included holding "down key" or "ctrl" to help him jump from one side to other in Prince of Persia and Hercules :P) 

SMaaLL
Participant

I've been loving Heroes Might and Magis III for 20 years. It is the best RPG ever!! I still play it sometimes

SMaaLL_0-1695924848040.png

Radhey
Explorer

@former_member114852  if you know the following games in the picture,,, reply with the game name

About my game-playing experience, What game did you play?  ---> strategic

What was your favorite game to as a kid? ---> Following

dont hover it -- ur jammed.gifdont hover it -- ur jammed.jpg

eshrinivasan
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

I can't recollect the first game name(super mario??) and seems I might have played for a little while. Second one seems Prince of Persia? the game I enjoyed the most.

I think the first one is Dangerous Dave and second one is Prince of Persia.:-)  these defiantly are my fav too..!

manuish02
Explorer

My favorite games were on a console with cassette which I could plug into my tv back then. The games which I liked back then were Contra and of course Super Mario! The console looked like pretty similar to the one below

IMG_0062.jpeg

jexpo
Participant

Mortal Kombat Ultimate, was my favorite 🀩 video game when I was a kid, I hurt my fingers playing this game until the end and then always look for way to improve my combos … oooh what a good times πŸ˜‹

jexpo_0-1695966034615.jpeg

eshrinivasan
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

good one!

ruben_alvarez
Explorer

Any SNES game

albravo_0-1695970510468.png

Tammie
Participant

As a kid, my absolute fave was Marble Madness on the Amiga.

MarbleMadness.jpg

nabheetscn
Active Contributor

I have been playing Need for Speed/Rpadrash since childhoon and these days its Count Strike or Mario on switch.. 

hac
Explorer

I played Transport Tycoon, but also Civilization I to IV

marcinb
Explorer

Diablo II, Heroes Might and Magic III and now Fishing Clash!

VladiE
Participant

Heroes III still my favorite game. 

H2.jpg

#FunFriday

cf-michael
Participant

There are just too many console games from childhood to recount.

What got me back to playing games (this time on the PC) during college were Star Control II, Civilization II, and Dune II.  It's funny to realize just now that they're all the second incarnation in a series.  I kinda fell in love with turn-based and real-time strategy games which ate huge chunks of my time.  Friends and family were thinking I was gunning to be x **bleep** laude or something.  πŸ˜…

maulikparekh
Participant

Mario πŸ™‚ 

maulikparekh
Participant
Super Contra πŸ™‚ 

Foxi
Participant

As children, when we were at our grandparents' house, we were allowed to play, among other things, "Winter Games" by Epyx on my grandfather's C64. 15 years later I enjoyed playing it on an emulator. β€œWinter Games” is still one of my favorites to this day. πŸ˜‰

WinterGames_D3_FigureSkating.gifWinterGames_D1_HotDog.gif

priyankaG
Participant

Super Mario πŸ˜…

Jarek
Explorer

When I was young, the best game for me was Warcraft I.

Shilpa_Shankar
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Not an online game person.. but today's Poker game by @eshrinivasan was fun.. Thanks Shrini for hosting it..

SyedAllaBakshu
Participant

My favourite game would be Dave πŸ˜‚ as it was the first game i played on a PC console as a kid πŸ˜…

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

I miss Marvel Heroes. It was a Diablo clone from one of the co-creators of Diablo but with Marvel superheroes. I was in for the daily grind of this MMO. 

This is from the goodbye party on shutdown day.
20171125030051_1.jpg

20171124091903_1.jpg

I spent more than a few hours with this game...

thomas_jung_0-1695986429660.png

SMaaLL
Participant

My second favorite game is Need For Speed. I started with NFS2 but NFS Underground is the best in the series(The soundtrack deserves special attention).

SMaaLL_0-1695986004053.png

sheenamk
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

My favourite game when I was in school was Need for Speed (NFS). Played poker for the 1st time today in Game Night Session hosted by Shrini @eshrinivasan and liked it a lot!

jainmohit2601
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi All,

Had a great time playing poker with new friends. Played online poker for 1st time hosted by Shrini @eshrinivasan.

IMG_4271.jpeg

#FunFriday #devtoberfest

SyambabuAllu
Contributor

Played Nokia Snake game in my childhood πŸ˜€

Rekha_DR
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

As a Child I used to play Mario on Computer and Snake Game on my father's Nokia Phone.

Played Poker for the First time. It was so much fun playing with other participants ! Thank you @eshrinivasan for hosting this fun game! 

harsh_itaverma
Participant

Played poker today and had so much fun. πŸ™‚ 

@eshrinivasan: Thank you so much for hosting it.

eshrinivasan
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

I have played Mortal Combat, Prince of Persia 3D, Need for Speed, Roadrash in my childhood/college. For sometime, playing games on XBOX 360 + kinect was fun. Couple of years ago, I hosted a game "spyfall" in my team and it was a great team game to play. Today hosting online poker for sap community really made it a #funfriday. πŸ™‚

poker-table-screenshot1.pngpoker-table-screenshot2.png