Devtoberfest Discussions
Join in the conversations with your fellow participants, on anything and everything to do with Devtoberfest!
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

🟑 Devtoberfest 2023 Gaming Night Discussion

josh_bentley
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Thanks so much for attending game night and/or commenting about your favorite games.  This post is now locked from further replies. 

Hey everyone!  

If you are attending our game night session 1 or session 2   or if you don't attend, we wanted to provide a place besides the discord server chat where you could come and leave a comment about your experience.  What game did you play?  Did you host a game?  What was your favorite game to as a kid?  Did you have a favorite gaming console?  

Basically if you want some points for the Devtoberfest contest commenting on this thread is a super easy way to get credit for week 2 #FunFriday! 

82 REPLIES 82

VijayCR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Used to play lot of Super Mario and Contra during my childhood days !

NES_01.gif

mischarf
Participant
0 Kudos

The only game I've been playing lately is online chess.

nicolasgoris
Participant
0 Kudos

I hope I can attend the game night this evening. I am intriged by the game Ultimate Chicken Horse πŸ™‚

VijayCR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All , I could not join the game but fun watching it πŸ˜„

Capture.PNG

Alpesa1990
Participant
0 Kudos

I was of Metal Slug

Mohamed_Yousuf
Participant
0 Kudos

Loving it!!

Jeansy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Currently I have no time for playing games anymore as my family with 2 small children has priority.

But many years ago I played WoW, the Anno-series and some football manager games.

Long time ago! πŸ™‚ Have fun!

Kind regard
Jens

aancos_id2
Participant
0 Kudos

None as addictive as this one πŸ˜‰

lemmings-original-large.jpg

mdixit_1401
Explorer
0 Kudos

Best childhood memory is of playing Super Mario for sure πŸ˜

mdixit_1401_0-1696015543493.jpeg

VladiE
Participant
0 Kudos

one more game, I loved it.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-29 um 21.30.16.png

#FunFriday

stijnme
Explorer
0 Kudos

I spent hours on Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and 2.

These days, I'm also impressed how the game was build: in assembler and as far as I know bug free...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=expgMekxlvU

GreggHinkle
Participant
0 Kudos

While all the other kids had Atari 2600 consoles, we got the Magnavox Odyssey 2. My Parents thought that the fact it had a keyboard, it would also be educational. Hey, I became a developer so maybe they were right.

GreggHinkle_0-1696016913367.png

ttrehan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

There are so many games, Contra, Vice City, Road Rash to name a few.

Even got hooked on PUBG as well for a while πŸ˜‹

ttrehan_3-1696017123768.jpeg

mlvai
Explorer
0 Kudos

My favorite so far.

Earthworm Jim  1&2.

Screenshot_20230929-164914.png

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Candy Crush, Call of Duty

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Had a Spectrum Sinclair, with tons of games; afterwards, on an early IBM PC (286 ?) I remember of Wolf 3D πŸ˜€

IMG_7694.jpeg

 #FunFriday

Julio
Participant
0 Kudos

I always play FIFA. My first one was on PC and then Playstation and XBOX

Julio_0-1696020115610.png

FabienHenique
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm on vacation so I'll not be able to play any video games tonight.

My favorite game ever is Final Fantasy IX, it's getting old now.... If you do like this game, have you ever heard about memoria project?  

wommel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Had a gameboy as kid but don't remember what games I usually played. When I got older the games that I really played a lot and enjoyed were the early multiplayer shooters like Far Cry and Unreal Tournament.

I was apart from the early Gameboy days always a PC player which I still prefer today. I got a switch about a year ago but mostly for niece and nephew and Mario Kart πŸ˜‰

hcordeiro
Explorer
0 Kudos

I only play nitendo switch games and right now I'm trying to finish Zelda πŸ™‚

Patrick_vN
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not enough time left to do much gaming!

thomasks
Participant
0 Kudos

Recently was talking to some schoolmates from 2000s. And there came the game Road Rash!!! Yes, the bike game, where you could kick your opponents and steal weapons, while driving the bike. ( it was years later that I learnt to ride a real bike )a762e76e-bf15-4147-a2e4-140535869ffe.jpgRoad-Rash.png

smuhsb
Participant
0 Kudos

NFS and Fifa throughout my childhood...Those old-timey memories! Wish I had time to play games now. 😞

gphadnis2000
Participant
0 Kudos

Super mario brothers

Contra

In fact i have nintendo video attached to my tv

Ria90
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Super Mario from childhood and Candy Crush now πŸ˜„

michaeldp
Explorer
0 Kudos

Mario Kart and Crash Bandicoot πŸ™‚   Those were the days

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Mattel Electronic football was ALL the rage in my day

ac4380I.jpeg

And though I never owned it, I remember going into stores to play Mattel Intellivision

dan_wroblewski_1-1696093961273.jpeg

--------------
See all my blogs and connect with me on Twitter / LinkedIn

SMaaLL
Participant

Tetris πŸ’ͺ

SMaaLL_0-1696096545829.jpeg

SMaaLL_3-1696096663039.png

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One of the first game I acquired when I got my first PC was Welltris - the 3d version of Tetris where the shapes could come down and of the 4 walls.

Jagtar
Participant
0 Kudos

Super mario 

kachiever
Participant
0 Kudos

My First PC Game : Dangerous DAVE

Dave.jpg

Sandra_Solis
Participant

When I was a kid, I didn't have a game console, I just used to play with my Polly Pockets, I still have them with me and they are my favorites still now πŸ˜ but, now that I am oldder I did buy tiny games and also I play Super Mario with my brothers πŸ˜…384483869_302465229181705_2610340606332086157_n.jpg383033070_876035610110802_7174772813284077044_n.jpg

shivam_bedwal
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is the one I used to play - Contra

shivam_bedwal_0-1696137200082.png

Gungz
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Last game I played was Pokemon Go (still Gotta Catch'Em All).

I stopped having game console in PlayStation 2, so I could say PS2 is my favorite.

Favorite game as a kid: I'd still say Pokemon.

daniel_endres
Explorer
0 Kudos

Growing up with the SNES - i loved games like Street Fighter 2 and later Tekken on PS1. Nowadays the casual drive through Los Santos in GTA5

xedaniel
Explorer
0 Kudos

As a kid all Mario games were my absolute favourites. That doesn’t mean I don’t play them anymore πŸ˜‰

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I play since.. uhhmm errrmm.. 1989. My alltime favorite is Monkey Island and zak mckracken πŸ˜‰

RamaKishanP
Discoverer
0 Kudos

In my childhood I played the games like 'Super Mario', 'Contra' and 'Tekken' which I still cherish and keep in my memories. We used to play very competitively and in a never give up attitude. Those were the amazing days of life. πŸ˜‰

PrathapTelukutl
Explorer
0 Kudos

My favorite game is cricket. I used to play lot of cricket during my childhood. I have also captained my school cricket team. Even now, I play cricket but not that often though. 

GunaPM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Super Contra always my favourite πŸ˜€