Devtoberfest Discussions
Join in the conversations with your fellow participants, on anything and everything to do with Devtoberfest!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Build Cryptic Crossword – Can you complete it for 400 points?

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

This year's SAP Build cryptic crossword is much better, but also a little harder. All the answers are related somehow to SAP Build.

You can find all the clues, and a little background on cryptic puzzles, in this tutorial: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/devtoberfest2023-scavenger-cryptic.html

Grid.png

Remember, cryptics are slightly different from regular crosswords, in that clues are made to look like a single phrase or sentence but actually are made up of 2 parts: a definition (like regular crosswords) and then a part that tries to describe how the word is constructed/spelled.

Just enter the answers in the tutorial, no spaces, and see if you can complete the puzzle. If you have any questions or difficulties, post them here.

Good luck 😺

--------------
See all my blogs and connect with me on Twitter / LinkedIn
88 REPLIES 88

Dinesh
Participant

i am stuck with this last two, any additinal clue will be appreciated 🙂

13 Across & 19 Across.

Dinesh_0-1697127659717.png

13 across is a hidden clue, meaning the answer is hidden inside (notice a word that indicates hidden clue, like in or inside) … without giving another clue you can look at every 5-letter consecutive letters for something that makes sense. The answer is related to sap build apps and it’s UX

In 19 across, you need how to say salt in French … with this I think you’ll be able to get answer. The answer is related to databases and is the name of a function in sap build apps

--------------

0 Kudos

Thanks @Dan_Wroblewski , i was able to figure out 19 across.. scratching a bit on 13 across.

Hopefully i can get it today.

whoo..hooo completed finally ..

Dinesh_0-1697130840001.png

special thanks to @Dan_Wroblewski and community members for hint 🙂

0 Kudos

I hope those 400 points gets you to nerdvana 😀

--------------

0 Kudos

already reached without this, however i felt incomplete without completing this ..

now i can relax 🙂

0 Kudos

OMG 19 ACROSS is so easy 🙂  need some time to train the mind ..

left with one.

priyankaG
Participant

hey,, it was a head scratcher, andn the best part was finishing it

Thiruvengadam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thiruvengadam_0-1697438357954.png

At laaaaast !!