Devtoberfest Discussions
Join in the conversations with your fellow participants, on anything and everything to do with Devtoberfest!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial Create and Run ABAP App not valid for ABAP BTP

acmebcn
Participant

Hi,

I'm trying to follow the tutorial https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/abap-create-basic-app.html to get some extra points and I noticed that is oriented to OnPrem systems since it requests to create an ABAP Program which is not possible (as far as I know) in a Steampunk instance.

I have access to onPrem instances to complete it but just a heads up for everyone.

BR,

David R. 

1 REPLY 1

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes I also noticed this and I don't have access to onPream, but I was able to go thru the tutorials by creating a class with if_oo_adt_classrun instad of a program. Of course I wasn't able to do everything exactly at described in the tutorials - like create ALV output.

Also the tutorial Display Database Content and Run SQL Queries  is running on a table that does not exist in my setup, so I just started by creating a z-table and use that in the tutorial.

With a little creativity it is possible to finish all the Monday week  40 ABAP tutorials - maybe not following the exact steps of the tutorials, but similar, just a little modified, steps.