Devtoberfest Discussions
Join in the conversations with your fellow participants, on anything and everything to do with Devtoberfest!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Are You Looking Forward to Learning or Doing at Devtoberfest This Year?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

With Devtoberfest around the corner, we are curious: what are you looking forward to learning or doing at the event this year? What’s your top reason for attending Devtoberfest?

Please share your thoughts below in this discussion thread. In the spirit of learning, we will offer the first one hundred people who share their comments on this thread a voucher for career coaching services with Placement.com. The voucher includes résumé/CV or LinkedIn screening, or a free coaching session with an expert. By commenting below, you grant us permission to follow up with you directly to provide you with the link to register for the voucher.

We are looking forward to your comments!

Accelerate your career goals with SAP and Placement - Disclaimers:

Please note that this offer is on a first-come, first-served basis. Your registration kicks off our validation process to see if you meet the requirements to be eligible for this offer. Offer valid until November 22, 2022. Employees of SAP and government officials are not eligible. Please be mindful that coaching services are provided by United States-based experts in the Pacific Time Zone. Registrants are subject to additional terms and conditions with Placement.com. SAP is not responsible for services provided by Placement.com to registrants.

72 REPLIES 72

nikhil
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am looking forward to AI topics and Low code No code

ertugrul
Participant

Hi There,

I am looking forward to learning new technologies and I'll be following all issues with full attention this year.  I hope we will learn very good information together with SAP TechEd afterwards.
Especially, topics that I will follow are:

1. BTP Abilities
  2. Cloud Native
  3. ABAP in Cloud/Stempunk
  4. RAP/CAP
  5. Fiori Elements
  6. SAP Fiori tools
  7. Clean SAPUI5
  8. Appgyver
  9. wdi5

0 Kudos

Same boat as well. Looking forward to participating and connecting with folks at the SAP TechEd afterwords.

Sandra_Solis
Participant

It's my first time participating, so I don't know what to expect. I just hope to have fun and learn a lot from the best 😊

0 Kudos

me too.

imancour
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a SAP HCM consultant and abaper I would like to learn new technologies around the SAP world with the gurus 🙂 and of course a fun :D.

@thomas_jung Many thanks for this opportunity.

Kind regards,

Idriss

Kash
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Looking forward for learning and then getting certified in SAC and BTP.

minjie_lao
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

It would be great if we can have any session related following topics

1. Best practices of CDS development

2. How stand-alone Fiori application works with external user authentication

Thanks, 

vivekprabhu13
Participant
0 Kudos

I am looking forward to upskill my knowledge on BTP especially on Fiori Developments along with SAP No-Code Low-Code offerings

amauryvanespen
Active Participant

Hi there,

I look forward networking and taking part in the community. 

Would be great to team up for a coding challenge to build something together as a common project (for example based on the SAP Profile with recognition from OpenSAP as a central curriculum)

Regards

Amaury

Sathees_P
Participant

Hi @thomas_jung ,

I am ABAPer and looking forward to learn about new technologies and concept at the S/4 HANA on-prem/Cloud and other Cloud based services.

-Sathees

Sandra_Solis
Participant

I learned a lot of web solutions, cloud services and all the free trials you have to practice. Thank you !!!

vallabh_iaf
Advisor
Advisor

My reason for attending this year's Devtoberfest would be to deep dive into the newest trends in technology with SAP

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor

I am looking forward to learn more about Cap, RAP, Fiori & odata4, Build Apps. 

NestorR
Discoverer

I'm looking forward to learning new ABAP trends, I am fully committed to conquering all challenges.

smuhsb
Participant
0 Kudos

The past two #devtoberfests helped me move into UI5 from ABAP, so this year looking forward to expanding my technical horizon beyond ABAP and UI5. 

Föß
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

As always, my main focus is on ABAP. but this year I will also watch sessions from the areas of integration and frontend.

Regards, Johann

Ps: no voucher please

satya-dev
Participant
0 Kudos

I am curious to discuss CAP, RAP, Event Driven Architecture, and SAP IoT services in BTP. 

barbara_barbara
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm looking forward to learn new stuff about ABAP development and where it's headed.

harsh_itaverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues, 
Looking forward to learn more on SAP CAPM, LCNC and Frontend related tech.

Kanyisa
Explorer
0 Kudos

I want to upskill my current skills as an ABAP, developer and learn more about ABAP cloud and UI5 development.

looking forward to it!

MarioLopezNS
Newcomer
0 Kudos

I really need an upgrade for some of SAP Technologies like AppGyver, new SDK for SAP Business One just to mention few of them.

Foxi
Participant
0 Kudos

I just want to have a bit of fun alongside my work. Devtoberfest is exactly the right thing for this. I already took part last year. Was a great change!

rcaziraghi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm really into the interactive sessions and exciting new challenges!

Thank you devtoberfest team.

Rafael

jainmohit2601
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung & Team,

If I have to summarize what I am looking forward to learning at Devtoberfest, Here are the top reasons:

• Skill Enhancement 
  • Hands-On Experience
  • Networking
  • Grand Prize (Dream trip to the US) 

Looking forward to attending more sessions in this year's Devtoberfest 🙌

Regards,

Mohit Jain

rammel_sapdev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Looking for further improve my knowledge on SAP products to be better equipped at work!

sskkishore
Explorer
0 Kudos
  • Learning from the experts
  • Getting international exposure
  • Vibing with the community.
  • 4 weeks of learning and tremendors growth
  • year long memory

Nigel_James
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am keen to learn and have these sessions as a resource for the years to come - so I am very appreciative of all the efforts that have gone into this.

Keen to learn more about the latest developments in ui5, cap and btp and working out how I can potentially contribute with some packages or extensions of my own.

LuisBenavidesA
Participant
0 Kudos

My primary objective in joining #devtoberfest is to stay up-to-date with the latest innovations in data analytics, data science, and process automation on the SAP platform. I aim to continually enhance my skills by exploring real-world business cases, gaining hands-on experience, and engaging with fellow developers to understand their perspectives on current trends. One of the valuable resources present in each session is the "validated tutorial," which greatly enhances the knowledge imparted during the session.

Utkarsh_goel123
Participant
0 Kudos

Nice

Utkarsh_goel123
Participant
0 Kudos

Nice post

shiksaa012
Explorer
0 Kudos

As a newcomer to this community, I'm excited to participate in Devtoberfest to expand my knowledge and connect with experienced developers. I'm particularly looking forward to learning from the wealth of expertise present at the event, which will undoubtedly help me grow in my career. The opportunity for career coaching services is an enticing bonus, and I'm eager to explore the potential benefits it can offer.

ALEJONO
Participant
0 Kudos

My expectations were to learn new things about CAP, ABAP, AI, SAP Build and anything else interesting not seen or heard before.

Top reasons for attending DevtoberFest:
-All the great learning content to enrich myself with knowledge.
-Grand prize trip (Messi please wish me luck this year.)
-Have fun with a Cryptic puzzle.
-Gain momentum, then walk a learning journey and finally certify.
-Petoberfest.