Devtoberfest Discussions
Join in the conversations with your fellow participants, on anything and everything to do with Devtoberfest!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Are You Looking Forward to Learning or Doing at Devtoberfest This Year?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

With Devtoberfest around the corner, we are curious: what are you looking forward to learning or doing at the event this year? What’s your top reason for attending Devtoberfest?

Please share your thoughts below in this discussion thread. In the spirit of learning, we will offer the first one hundred people who share their comments on this thread a voucher for career coaching services with Placement.com. The voucher includes résumé/CV or LinkedIn screening, or a free coaching session with an expert. By commenting below, you grant us permission to follow up with you directly to provide you with the link to register for the voucher.

We are looking forward to your comments!

Accelerate your career goals with SAP and Placement - Disclaimers:

Please note that this offer is on a first-come, first-served basis. Your registration kicks off our validation process to see if you meet the requirements to be eligible for this offer. Offer valid until November 22, 2022. Employees of SAP and government officials are not eligible. Please be mindful that coaching services are provided by United States-based experts in the Pacific Time Zone. Registrants are subject to additional terms and conditions with Placement.com. SAP is not responsible for services provided by Placement.com to registrants.

72 REPLIES 72

Ummm nice question 🤔

My main reason could be summarized as networking and to see an event in which the whole community participates 😁. As for my main topics are best practices and web components with React. On the challenge side it would be great to have some scripting challenge with BTP Cli , some related to web components or a security challenge like SQL Injection/RFI (this one is more complicated ... but it would be pretty cool to learn the red team side).

Anyway, thanks to all who help to set up the event!

Ali_Mazhar
Associate
Associate

as an External Partner (Joined the Joint Venture SAP Fioneer) im looking to complement my existing Skills in the newer SAP Stack. In the last 6 months, i learned a lot about CDS, VDM & RAP but dont have that much knowledge on the Frontend Side (Javascript, React and co). I hope that i can be a more rounded Dev with the Skills i gain here, and a lot more comfortable with the Modern Web Stack. 

@thomas_jung Thanks for organizing this opportunity, well be looking forward to maybe Seeing you somewhere in Wdf 😃

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

I really enjoyed the computer museum tour - I enjoyed that a great deal.  I am looking forward to more fun Fridays.  

P.S. I don't need the voucher

nkb
Explorer

I am Looking forward to consolidating my learnings(SAP BTP, SAC, etc) and applying the same to some challenging tasks, building a project/product prototype.

P.S. I also don't need the voucher.

DouglasCezar
Contributor

Hi Thomas,

Congrats and many thanks for making the Devtoberfest happen again!

I am looking forward to having new networking opportunities with the SAP Community and seeing what the most relevant current topics in SAP tech are.

To be more specific, I am interested in seeing ways for ABAP developers to further develop skills in either ABAP or non-ABAP environments.

Patrick_vN
Active Contributor

Last years Devtoberfest was an excellent opportunity (and challenge) to make work of the backlog of topics 'I still wanted to learn more about'. Both the gamification- and fun-aspect kept me motivated and going the entire 'fest'.
For this year, I'm hoping it'll have the same result. A lot of information and challenges that will help me grow some more and have fun at the same time. 

JensSB
Participant

Hi Thomas,
a very nice initiative that I last year missed out due to too much pressure :(. This year I hope to get the turn to start deeper in the new technologies and can stick to the learning journey beyond the Devtoberfest.

JensSB

GRABLERE
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Thomas,

absolutely looking forward to look into and tinker with all kind of topics and technologies, I do not get the chance to during my daily job. Probably most looking forward to the Analytics and UI tracks this year.

Last year was a blast and I am absolutely looking forward to this years event.

Thanks to you and the team!

Emanuel

Mattias
Active Participant

I'm looking forward to getting inspiration to help my team getting ready for the cloud

Also looking forward to DJs CLI magic

BhargavaReddy
Active Participant

I look forward to learning about new technologies, ideas, and concepts at the cloud track.

And Naturally, I will still be interested in ABAP as an ABAPer 😎.

GK817
Active Contributor

Hello Thomas,

I am looking forward to do lots of tutorials, attend sessions and learn about how different services could be used. Opportunity to ask questions during the sessions would be a plus.

Devtoberfest 2020 was the one which I followed E2E, not the 2021 one due to different reasons. This year I am going to spend lots of time on Devtoberfest.

Gaurav

sapvenkat40
Explorer

I'm looking forward to low-code, no-code skills.

Mohamed_Yousuf
Participant

I am just excited for Devtoberfest this year, as anyone else. This is my 2nd Devtoberfest, and I am really looking forward for a great learning experience.
My motivation is to learn some new things, build my network, participate in all the live sessions as much as I can, and of course, participate in all the gamification activities. I am looking forward to learn about SAP AppGyver.

Kloud_Nilesh
Participant

Excited for my 1st Devtoberfest , looking forward to see more on transactional RAP fiori apps and few BTP platform skills which are must for ABAPer.  

VivGomez
Discoverer

As an ABAP consultant, I am looking forward to what's new in the development offerings and updates in SAP.  The aim is to understand what would be the right technology to widen my knowledge in, one that would help me move forward in my career.

Heureso1
Explorer

As a consultant for ABAP and also in Cloud Native Topics like Kubernetes, Microservices, Event Driven and Reactive Programming, its interesting to see how SAP keeps up with the innovation. I took part last year and I am especially interested in integration scenarios and KYMA.

TStefanini
Explorer

I want to get more enolved at RAP fiori apps and BTP platform. Still in learning proccess so want to see eveything that is new and we can learn.

piyushagarwal12
Explorer

I am experienced ABAP developer, looking to upgrade my skills in RAP, SAP BTP and low code no code.

RaviKiranVBV
Associate
Associate

I am experience ABAP developer and wanted to upgrade my skills in ABAP in Cloud/Stempunk, BTP and AppGyver.

anugrahgj
Explorer

I am excited to attend this year's devtoberbest,  because I was planning to upskill my knowledge and scale up my skillset and devtoberfest 2022 seems to be tailormade for developers like me.

Leonel_Morales
Explorer

Hello, 

I am experienced ABAP developer, looking to upgrade my skills in RAP, SAP BTP, SAPUI5, I took a bootcamp for Full Stack web development to upgrade my skills on web development and now ready to learn SAPUI5,

Thanks

ClaraDiana
Explorer

Excited for my 1st Devtoberfest. I’m looking forward to attend sessions on new emerging topics like BAS and ABAP environment in BTP, abapGit etc. Also to participate in Fun Friday activities and contest. 

Berinath
Participant

Hi Thomas Jung,

I am new to sap community , But  I learnt SAP ABAP . I don't have the idea to implement that in technically. This is the first Devtoberfest for me. I am looking to upgrade my skills from this Devtoberfest.

Thanks,

Berinath

SugguSandeep
Active Participant

Hi @thomas_jung 

Very Excited to Join Devtoberfest for the first time,

To Explore Skills Of SAP & to continue the long journey of my career with SAP Skills,

Thanks,

Suggu Sandeep. 

former_member16553
Active Participant

Looking forward to learn about SAP's Low code/No code platform and ABAP on BTP.

Thanks,

Girdhari

aslan1906
Participant

Hello,
This will be my first Devtoberfest experience. I am looking forward to gaining new skills in development with ADT, BTP, and Cloud. Also networking with SAP Community 🙂
See you at the fest! 👋

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor

To be honest, I don't know what to expect... this would be my first time joining. I've been mainly working in the Analytics world during my career and a few months ago that shifted towards HANA Cloud development. It's obviously still analytics, but the focus on development is way bigger than before. In my BW days I mainly relied on ABAP which (slightly) shifted towards SQL script the past couple of years, but now it's sql, javascript, Git, ... quite a lot of "new" things (at least for me) coming my way, so I thought it wouldn't hurt joining this event 😉

0 Kudos

Welcome Rafito,

It would be great to team up and learn all together by building something for the project activities

Amaury

vincentverheyen
Active Participant

For my first Devtoberfest, I am excited to see that there will be a lot of talks about SAP Work Zone (a topic I am keen on delving into with regards to an ongoing IBP project). At the same time, I will try to attend some entry-level (a way to describe topics which don't seem too daunting, being a code rookie) topics such as process automation, containerization and low-code/no-code.

0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

I'm curious about the relationships you would like to implement and the usage of WorkZone with IBP.

Amaury

shivamshukla12
Contributor

Hi Thomus ,

Curiosity to know more is the main reason i am here 🙂 learn & share.

Thank you for organizing the event.

Thanks,

Shivam  

HJRavi
Explorer

Hi , 

This will be my first Devtoberfest , Looking forward for great learnings & fun. 

Thank you for organizing the event.

Ravi. 

staseeb
Active Participant

Hi there,

I am looking to learn more about LCNC , specifically SAP Appgyver , SAP Process Automation.

Thanks,

Taseeb Saeed

schmelto
Active Participant

Due this time the main theme is "beginner" I think this years Devtoberfest is a great way to get a overview of all new things of SAP / ABAP / Low-Code these days.
Further it is a cool and fun way to learn new things!

davifdez
Explorer

Hello everyone,

this will be my first experience in Devtoberfest 🙂. Very interested to find something about ABAP / Steampunk, RAP/CAP and BTP (intelligent technologies, ...).

Great initiative!

amauryvanespen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I'm looking for enhancing knowledge, share and networking. It would be great to find "partners" to cooperate on building something (like in a hackathon)

Amaury

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone, I am looking forward to learning new technologies. 

Thanks,

Kapil Patil

alikl
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues!

I am looking for an AI/ML content and collaborations, discussions about the topic,
and for Friday events as well.

yunutuzun
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi There, 

I look forward to the event schedules. I am sure that we will be enlightened with many new technologies. Cloud will be the most attractive session for me.