Devtoberfest
Find out what's happening, and when, in the Devtoberfest schedule – don't miss out!
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

🟒 A Beginner's Guide to the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model

Devtoberfest

In this overview session tailored for the beginner, learn how to use proven and new technologies, such as Core Data Services (CDS) and behavior definition and implementation languages, to build SAP Fiori apps and OData services using the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model with SAP Business Technology Platform, ABAP environment and on-premise SAP S/4HANA.

Guest Speaker:

Andre Fischer,  Product Manager

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Starts:
Ends:
8 Comments
TMNielsen
Contributor

Is this a Youtube stream or? The link to the actual even is missing.

qmacro
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Hey @TMNielsen I've just added the YouTube link for this session (https://youtu.be/i0A9iZ_46fI) - see you there! πŸ™‚

ThorstenWoehrle
Explorer

When is the wizard in ADT "Generate ABAP Repositories Objects" on Hana on premise systems available? Which Hana system is needed and which ADT version? 

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

The wizard that I have shown will be available in SAP S/4HANA 2022. You will require as always the latest ADT version that is available by that time.

ceterum censeo RAP esse utendam
Mamikee
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
TMNielsen
Contributor

This presentation is really packed with info. that I need to deep dive into - so I have a couple of questions.

• Can I get the slides somewhere? I know I can always see the presentation again (already did twice), but I would so much like to print the slide shown after 22 minutes, so I can put it on the wall over my desk.😊
  • Can anyone recommend other tutorials, courses etc. that explain more about the EML?
  • I really did not like all the cumbersome steps to come from a table in data dictionary and all the way thru all the objects (artefacts) to finally have the services ready for consumption, but now @Andre_Fischer shows this wizard - Thank You! this is awesome - is there anywhere I can find more info about this wizard?
  • Andre explains the importance of naming the objects with a naming convention. Can we somewhere read more about this naming convention?
  • After 29 minutes and 10 seconds Andre speaks about letting the wizard enforce a naming convention - YES please - as soon as possible πŸ˜Š
  • Can the wizard start on other levels that the lowest (data dictionary table). I mean - with the wizard we create all artefacts from CDS view to the final  service binding, but later I think we could for example build a new service definition and service binding on top of the same projection view, and then it would also be nice if we could start the wizard on other levels that the table. 
  • I really have a lot of specific questions about the syntax in data definition and behavior definition - in both model and projection layer, but I don't think this is the forum for that kind of detailed questions. Can you suggest any forums to discuss these things?

Kind regards

Thomas Madsen Nielsen

TMNielsen
Contributor

PS an other reason I would like to get the slides is that some of the slides contains links to additional info and resources, but I can't press links in the youtube presentation.

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Thomas,

in the RAP400 session which is about testing RAP BO's you will find more examples on how to use EML. And in the RAP100 skript we implement actions that make use of EML.

I am checking if and if yes we can share the slides. 

SAP-samples/abap-platform-rap-workshops: This repository contains materials for workshops about the ...

Additional service definitions and service bindings can always be added on top of the projection layer, you just have to right-click on a projection view and select the option to create a service definition based on this view. But I have notified the team that plans the next version of the wizard and pointed them to your suggestions. 
When you read through the very comprehensive script RAP100 there we already talk about naming conventions.

ceterum censeo RAP esse utendam